• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

just go to the registry and try to ad them in a slot that does not match the book.. i did that i got an email the next day and they said we have automatically corrected and added to your registry.. so I did it to two other books that had no slots for lady death 10.0s I have and sure enough it works..

so ad DH100 variant and the Nashville variant into the wrong slots and I bet it will be added..he he..

Edited by bcruze

sickkkkkkkkkk sketches TJ-man (thumbs u

what's your CAF gallery link?

I don't even have a gallery set up yet. lol I'll put a link in my sig once I do.

I just registered on CAF last night specifically just to get in contact with this seller. A fellow on the Goon boards pointed out the sketches for sale and that he had done business with the seller before, so I swooped in to nab 'em. I've already paid (thanks, Steve!) and the sketches are already in the mail! :headbang:

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. Gotta make that CAF gallery. I got a feeling this is just the start of something. lol

sickkkkkkkkkk sketches TJ-man (thumbs u

what's your CAF gallery link?

I don't even have a gallery set up yet. lol I'll put a link in my sig once I do.

I just registered on CAF last night specifically just to get in contact with this seller. A fellow on the Goon boards pointed out the sketches for sale and that he had done business with the seller before, so I swooped in to nab 'em. I've already paid (thanks, Steve!) and the sketches are already in the mail! :headbang:

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. Gotta make that CAF gallery. I got a feeling this is just the start of something. lol

:headbang:

Hi everyone,

It's my first post so bear with me! Great Goon collections, guys. This is my hands-down favorite comic and I thought I had all the issues until reading about the Avatar Illustrated book here on the board. I just snagged a raw copy off eBay, so hopefully I'll have that in a few days.

I was wondering--have any of you had the Albatross Goon #1 sketch cover graded?

Thanks!

--Alex

Great question! And WTTB!

I'm not sure if anyone has tried to CGC it or not. The census does not distinguish any other version of that book. My thought would be that since the "sketch cover" is actually just a separate sheet of paper that is polybagged with the regular comic, CGC will not slab the sketch with the book. Items that come in a polybag are, by and large, not slabbed by CGC with the comics they came with.

I would love to see this change, though. A slabbed copy of the sketch variant with the actual sketch slabbed and acting as the cover would make me salivate. :cloud9:

Also, just to let everyone know, the new TPB, "A Place of Heartache and Grief," was released yesterday!

16020.jpg

However, while doing some trolling around the interwebs, I noticed that it seems the UK market is getting a different cover?! :confused:

GN6369.jpg

Thanks for the info! Yeah, that cover in a slab would look great, and it'd protect the sketch. I can't tell you the hoops I jumped through to get that book, by the way. With a print run of 200, well...it wasn't easy.

Thanks again!

its kinda weird i chased 1 , 2 and 3 for a very long time and I landed all three w/ in the past 7 days from from 3 differant seller's.. #1 was offered to me through an email. Its kinda funny I asked for lucky sevens on the roll of a dice when I picked up #3 from Chris last week in his Goon sales thread. Bam 2 days later #1 was offered.

Edited by bcruze