• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

Forgot that I hadn't posted this in this thread. lol

Just got my Eric Powell commission of Buzzard up on the wall. I really love the drawing and can't thank Dan (Par2ch) enough for making it happen for me! Cheers!

buzzard_framed.jpg

Looks really good TJ :cloud9:

heres my latest Goon acquisition, This was more expensive then a Goon #1 from avatar press as there are only 4 9.8s and is by far the hardest to score a 9.8! This bad boy moved me to 3rd on the registry...

ALBATROSSGOON1V2.jpg

Wow, I wish I would have paid cover for the variant.

The entire series is very underordered in Colorado which is very aggravating. Hell, Mile High Mega Store only ordered 3 friggin' copies!

Pat

TJ one of the coolest things I saw was Eric working on your sketch. Once it was finished, I was amazed at the detailed work, even when Dan brought it back to the room I was still in shock... Now that it's framed, I can't think of another person that deserves the #1 Goon Fan Award. ;)

Just got my Eric Powell commission of Buzzard up on the wall. I really love the drawing and can't thank Dan (Par2ch) enough for making it happen for me! Cheers!

buzzard_framed.jpg

Hacking into pirate's account again I see, Steve. Very clever. hm

heres my latest Goon acquisition, This was more expensive then a Goon #1 from avatar press as there are only 4 9.8s and is by far the hardest to score a 9.8! This bad boy moved me to 3rd on the registry...

ALBATROSSGOON1V2.jpg

Toughest Goon book, period. (worship)

:news:Goon SDCC panel update!

(from a fellow poster on the Dark Horse Goon boards)

"The panel started with Tom Lennon, Ben Garant and a youth dressed as Nacho Libre entering stage right. Tom and Ben introduced themselves as Eric's brothers that traveled to SDCC via Greyhound bus. Word to the wise, do not fall asleep on a Greyhound bus, as you will be treated like a party favour.

Tom and Ben were hilarious, as usual, and kept in character throughout the panel, interrupting Eric [like jealous older siblings] alleging that characters from the Goon were based on them [ie, Peaches Valentine] and they have not seen a cent.

At one point Tom advised Eric that their mother passed away and was buried in a Norton's Pub t-shirt. Ben suggested that the SSB issue was the cause of her demise.

Blur Studios was present at the panel and...wait for it...we saw two clips from the upcoming movie. We saw the Goon [voiced by Clancy Brown] give a public service announcement on handling "slack-jaws" and then Franky [voiced by Paul Giamatti] utter the phrase "knife to the eye" with perfection. It was amazing seeing the characters we love come to life. We also saw a clip of Franky ordering a drink from Norton in the pub.

At one point during the panel David Fincher called to check whether the audience was receptive to the clip. The crowd was beyond receptive and loudly vocalized their approval.

The rest of the panel was Q&A and, at times, the show was stolen by Eric's son [Nacho Libre] who took over the microphone and added his two cents."

:banana:

Can't wait to see the video on the Internet!

Blur Studios was present at the panel and...wait for it...we saw two clips from the upcoming movie. We saw the Goon [voiced by Clancy Brown] give a public service announcement on handling "slack-jaws" and then Franky [voiced by Paul Giamatti] utter the phrase "knife to the eye" with perfection. It was amazing seeing the characters we love come to life. We also saw a clip of Franky ordering a drink from Norton in the pub.

Wasn't Clancy Brown the actor that played Brother Justin from HBO's "Carnivale" series? That guy has one hell of a voice.

I knew he was working on an animated Conan movie with Ron Perlman, but didn't realize his involvement in Goon.

And Clancy Brown has been doing a lot of comic book-based work over the years.

1) Conan: Red Nails (2009) (V) (in production) (voice), Olmec

2) Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (2009) (V) (post-production) (voice), Lex Luthor

3) Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) (VG) (voice), Killer Croc

4) "The Spectacular Spider-Man" .... George Stacy , (16 episodes, 2008-2009)

5) "Wolverine and the X-Men," Mister Sinister , (3 episodes, 2008-2009)

buzzard_framed.jpg

Hacking into pirate's account again I see, Steve. Very clever. hm

:acclaim:

And Clancy Brown has been doing a lot of comic book-based work over the years.

1) Conan: Red Nails (2009) (V) (in production) (voice), Olmec

2) Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (2009) (V) (post-production) (voice), Lex Luthor

3) Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) (VG) (voice), Killer Croc

4) "The Spectacular Spider-Man" .... George Stacy , (16 episodes, 2008-2009)

5) "Wolverine and the X-Men," Mister Sinister , (3 episodes, 2008-2009)

And not only is Clancy Brown an awesome voice actor, but he was scary as hell as the Kurgan in the Highlander movie! Both casting choices are very, very good!

This isn't from this year's SDCC. I repeat, this is NOT from this year's SDCC!

But! It was a pretty funny little panel video I found while looking for the Goon movie clips (which I haven't found yet). It's from a couple of years ago.