• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

I just finished uploading all the Goon photos to my registry set. What a workout!

I had to resize and crop everything.

:Note the last few books, I added some Goon books that are not on the registry thus far.

Tomorrow I will add notes... Idol is on DVR!

How about also writing the Goon movie -script and being involved in the movie production? :makepoint:

But But But.....Eric said this ALLLLLLLL The way back in November.

"I just finished writing the -script a few months back,

So now whatcha got? :taptaptap:

How about also writing the Goon movie -script and being involved in the movie production? :makepoint:

Uh...uh...ever hear of a little thing called a "second draft?!" :baiting:

Uh...uh...ever hear of a little thing called a "second draft?!" :baiting:

Not Eric's style... (tsk) Nope. :ohnoez:

looks like we will get 3- 4 issues a yr.. I guess that could be a good thing and not over produced like titles

I wish he would do at least 6 issues a year. I know he is busy with the movie, Creepy Covers, Albatross, etc.

No, no, no, Chris. According to the peanut gallery, he's been spending most of his time poolside, being fanned with palm fronds and being fed grapes by exotic concubines.

Working on multiple projects... Pfft! Yeah, right.

looks like we will get 3- 4 issues a yr.. I guess that could be a good thing and not over produced like titles

I wish he would do at least 6 issues a year. I know he is busy with the movie, Creepy Covers, Albatross, etc.

No, no, no, Chris. According to the peanut gallery, he's been spending most of his time poolside, being fanned with palm fronds and being fed grapes by exotic "roller girl" concubines.

Fixed it for you.

I personally loved his artwork and stories the most when he was doing a book every other month. The art was stellar and the stories tight. It took a lot out of him doing a book a month.

I agree completely. I'm glad he got the "Goon Year" out of his system. He set out to do 12 issues in 2008 and he accomplished his goal. As a fan, though, I'd rather have quality over quantity. He had to make compromises to meet a monthly schedule: There were shortcuts in the art (very noticeable in the OA), although Dave Stewart's colors were able to cover a lot of them up. The stories were extremely decompressed. Again, he did a TON that year (he had just wrapped up CHINATOWN and finished a stint on ACTION), and I'm pretty amazed he pulled it off...but it wasn't his best work.

I see the title as a bit in transition right now as he figures out where to take it next (he probably already knows, we're just waiting to see what happens). After CHINATOWN, the tone has shifted toward something a little more serious, an attempt at something more substantial. I understand it from a creator's standpoint, but as a fan, it wasn't necessary. To me, the first 12 or so DH issues are amazing. Powell was at the height of his powers, mixing art styles, shifting tone in the stories masterfully, just making some of the best comics I've ever read. He set the bar high for himself and it's probably unfair to expect him to keep that standard with every issue. He used to make it look so easy and I probably took it for granted. I'm along for the ride, no matter what...just take your time, Eric, we'll wait!

No, no, no, Chris. According to the peanut gallery, he's been spending most of his time poolside, being fanned with palm fronds and being fed grapes by exotic "roller girl" concubines.

Fixed it for you.

I personally loved his artwork and stories the most when he was doing a book every other month. The art was stellar and the stories tight. It took a lot out of him doing a book a month.

lol True, true.

I think a solid bi-monthly schedule would keep everyone happy. I agree that the monthly schedule really exhausted him.

I agree completely. I'm glad he got the "Goon Year" out of his system. He set out to do 12 issues in 2008 and he accomplished his goal. As a fan, though, I'd rather have quality over quantity. He had to make compromises to meet a monthly schedule: There were shortcuts in the art (very noticeable in the OA), although Dave Stewart's colors were able to cover a lot of them up. The stories were extremely decompressed. Again, he did a TON that year (he had just wrapped up CHINATOWN and finished a stint on ACTION), and I'm pretty amazed he pulled it off...but it wasn't his best work.

I see the title as a bit in transition right now as he figures out where to take it next (he probably already knows, we're just waiting to see what happens). After CHINATOWN, the tone has shifted toward something a little more serious, an attempt at something more substantial. I understand it from a creator's standpoint, but as a fan, it wasn't necessary. To me, the first 12 or so DH issues are amazing. Powell was at the height of his powers, mixing art styles, shifting tone in the stories masterfully, just making some of the best comics I've ever read. He set the bar high for himself and it's probably unfair to expect him to keep that standard with every issue. He used to make it look so easy and I probably took it for granted. I'm along for the ride, no matter what...just take your time, Eric, we'll wait!

There is so much in this post to agree with...