• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone tell this guy how to flip books appropriately...

15 posts in this topic

What I don't understand about the first auction is that the description indicates the BIN was $2000 but the end price was over $2400. Surely bidders aren't that stupid.

That happens with some frequency...the first bidder "pops the cherry" and the subsequent bidders are forced to live with it. Always nice when your bidders pay you more than you were expecting to get!

What I don't understand about the first auction is that the description indicates the BIN was $2000 but the end price was over $2400. Surely bidders aren't that stupid.

That happens with some frequency...the first bidder "pops the cherry" and the subsequent bidders are forced to live with it. Always nice when your bidders pay you more than you were expecting to get!

sure does! thumbsup2.gif

Is it the same book?

It happens all the time. All it takes is one clueless (or not so clueless) bidder to pop the BIN and it can happen. I remember a MVS book that sold for around 250% of the BIN price.

There was a thread about that first TOS 39 auction somewhere around here...

I can't find it. 893frustrated.gif

I remember lots of complaints about the right side of the front cover picture being cropped off or something.

foreheadslap.gif