• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sneaky and misleading little %@&#(&

11 posts in this topic

Check out this book.

HULK 4

I sold him that book when as a VF with replaced staples. Notice how he doesn't assign a grade but says that "if he remembers correctly, it was sold to him as a VF/NM". This way he isn't even taking responsibility for the grade. Conveniently his memory is failing him in his favor by a full grade. The book will either be qualified or restored as I have seen both labels with replaced staples. Someone is going to get ripped off since bidding is already at $650. Just completely ticks me off. 893frustrated.gif

Somewhere just below $300 if memory serves. Yeah he at least states that the staples are replaced but is still purposely overgrading and not taking responsibility for the grade by stating that he bought it as a VF/NM, which he did not buy it as. He's also saying that it would not get a restored label which is incorrect.

I find it even more funny that he starts off the description with how this book is the highest UNRESTORED copy of the book he's ever owned. Then conveniently much later he adds, "oh yeh, it might be restored".

Brian

Somewhere just below $300 if memory serves. Yeah he at least states that the staples are replaced but is still purposely overgrading and not taking responsibility for the grade by stating that he bought it as a VF/NM, which he did not buy it as. He's also saying that it would not get a restored label which is incorrect.

My understanding is that it will get the Q label if the staples are from the same period as the book, and a PLOD if they aren't...? Is that correct? Or will it actually get a Blue label if the staples are from the same period?