• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Spotlight #5. Interesting story behind this one.

15 posts in this topic

Here is my Marvel Spotlight 5. I bought this off a friend last year. He picked this one up about 3 years ago at Wizard World NY. He saw this book in a long box with other random stuff and it didn't have a price on it. The guy selling it looked at it and thought it was Ghost Rider 5, not MS 5, so when he looked it up in the OS Guide, he charged my friend $5.

I would've felt a little guilty about taking advantage of a seller's mistake like that. I've benefited from some minor dealer mistakes, but never for a key book like this one.

scan0002-1.jpg

Textbook 6.0 IMHO. Nice copy.

BTW, your avatar is hilarious. Never seen 'hoff with the facial hair like that lol

Thanks silverage. I think I remember the episode this pic came from. 'Hoff had to battle his evil twin (mustached) 'Hoff on Knight Rider. That's one of my favorite shows as a kid.

I'm pretty sure as a scan will let me be Divad.. If the spine were just a bit cleaner, I would agree with you. As it is.. No more than a 5.5 in Hand .. A cool book to have. BTW I have a CGC 6.5 that I have been meaning to upgrade for some time now. Maybe it's about time I look/shop around.. :headbang: