• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World's Last Champions Collector?

121 posts in this topic

Interesting... your thread and presumably the Pedigree sale just dislodged it from its collector I guess. I think all the 4 original 9.8 copies were all distinct angle miswraps. Definitely 3 of them were. Pretty difficult to find centered nicely.

Good luck if you're going after the Clink copy. I guess the owner figured he'd do better there than bring it directly to you via MCMiles offer to put you 2 together.

I'm interested to see what it will bring over at Clink. Hope you get it.

(thumbs u

Yeah I already have 9.8s in those plus they're overpriced, I got them for half that in auctions.

As for the #1, I'm hoping my good luck with the other issues will transfer to this one as well, especially with the number of 9.8s increasing, 10 is just the tip of the iceberg...

I have a feeling it wont quite reach Pedigree numbers on CLink, in fact I doubt it will be over 500$.

Yeah I already have 9.8s in those plus they're overpriced, I got them for half that in auctions.

As for the #1, I'm hoping my good luck with the other issues will transfer to this one as well, especially with the number of 9.8s increasing, 10 is just the tip of the iceberg...

:golfclap: well played Dikran...

I'm glad you obtained your goal and saved yourself serious cash by playing your hunch.

That seller must be kicking himself now after having the opportunity to sell to you direct with no fees at $750. Win some, lose some. Several 9.8's being available within a short span helped you no doubt. Timing can be everything.

Recently, I too privately obtained my "keeper" after years of waiting for a really decently centered 9.8 copy. Nice White pager too. Payed way more than you though, but I suppose it was worth it to get a copy I was happy with.

Congrats again... :headbang:

Well now that I'm only 6 issues away from completing my Ultra-High Grade Champions set on the Registry (and finally unseating Ghost Town as number 1), I was wondering if I was the last collector left on Earth of this little known team book. Yes it only lasted 17 issues but it did feature 2 X-men, 2 Avengers and, well, Ghost Rider... Not to mention John Byrne who was all the rage back in the 80's. Awesome covers, lame villains & dated dialogue, what could represent the Bronze Age better!!

So consider this the Champions Appreciation thread!

One of my favorite Bronze Age reads.

I heard the word "bushwhack" for the first time in that series!

Now for the dilemma: What should I display in my registry set?

Champions #1 9.8 or 9.6 Pacific Coast?...

There is a certain mystique attached to the Pacific Coast pedigree but the 9.8 is one of only 10 on census.

What would you do?

I would put the 9.8 in the registry. It will be more points and I hate to say it but a lot of the Bronze Pac Coast books have slight tanning and lesser page quality than the coveted SA books. I owned several DD books and had the discussion with Borock and apparently the the a lot of BA books weren't stored quite as well.

Mission accomplished! But I noticed there was a #7 9,8 in last week's auction that I missed out on... GRRR!
There's another one this week.