• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World's Last Champions Collector?

121 posts in this topic

Mission accomplished! But I noticed there was a #7 9,8 in last week's auction that I missed out on... GRRR!
There's another one this week.

Thanks for the heads-up, greggy!

Wow GPA recorded a Champions #1 9.8 sale of 800$ from April 10! I am feeling much better about my copy now!

That was the copy that sold off of Pedigree a couple months back that you would not budge further on ($750 max?). The sales reporting from websites is slower to arrive than ebay. Also, the payment and/or conclusion of the deal may have been slow.

Worked out good for you though.

Frank is a serious collector. If he's building a registry set I think it is 100% unlikely that he is interested in selling them.

You might try contacting him through eBay. The spam filters on a lot of email sites block contact messages from the registry for some reason.

He has always been good about communications with me. But, I agree with Bruce. Frank sells a lot of books but I have never known him to sell any of his "keepers."

That series is quite the enigma art-wise. It starts out with Don Heck :sick: and then moves to what might possibly be one of the worst pencil/inker combos ever seen, Tuska/Colletta puke.gif and then moves to the fantastic Byrne/Layton team :luhv: