• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: calling all wine connoisseurs and wine snobs.

184 posts in this topic

So lately my wife and I. Mostly me, have been wanting to find a good red wine. We have sampled a few of them and cant find any that we like. So I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen had any suggestions on a good red wine that would be ideal for beginners. Nothing too strong or too dry as we are not accustomed to it.

A cheap red for beginers is riunity lambrusco, its sweet low alchole, and best served chilled.
lambrusco is just about the only "red" that is sweet (thumbs u

I would need to know your pallet, but I am a bit of a wine expert and can offer some choices if I know your preferences (Pinot's, Cabs, Merlot, etc)...

Complete noob. but prefer something sweeter and not to dry. havent really tried enough to have a preference so open to all of them.

Any California Cabernet from a decent winery will do for starters. BV, Mondavi, Stag's Leap, and Beringer are not too expensive (as long as they aren't the Reserve varieties) and pretty reliable.

For more adventure, try an Australian Shiraz.

Serve them at room temperature, and be sure to get a good whiff of them, too!

Any California Cabernet from a decent winery will do for starters. BV, Mondavi, Stag's Leap, and Beringer are not too expensive (as long as they aren't the Reserve varieties) and pretty reliable.

Australian wines are the best in my opinion. Napa is next.

The French might have a thing or two to say about that!

any specific vintage?

No specific ones, they're pretty consistent. If you have a choice, look for something in the 5 to 10 year range.

You've probably heard it before, but some types of wines are better appreciated when paired with certain types of food.

any specific vintage?

No specific ones, they're pretty consistent. If you have a choice, look for something in the 5 to 10 year range.

You've probably heard it before, but some types of wines are better appreciated when paired with certain types of food.

yeah i had i am kinda looking for somethingto relax with at the end of the day. so i will be trying alot of the brands mentioned here.

The French might have a thing or two to say about that!

REALLY! I'm from Denison Texas We Made French Wine French. If It wasnt for us they would be extinct. Look up Munson the French still revere him as their savior.