• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Boy # 1 Canadian Edition

11 posts in this topic

My nephew takes me to one of his favorite places to pick up some book's. I saw a Super Boy #1 CGC Certified Canadian Edition book. Just how rare is this book? How much is a book like this worth? He had another Canadian Edition copy book as well. But the name escapes me right now. Any help would be appreciated...

I'm no expert but a Superboy #1 is high on my want list. I can tell you I have little interest in the Canadian edition, I wouldn't pay much for a copy.

You would probably have to be a "Canadian Edition" collector to appreciate those.

I recall seeing one years ago on ebay but I'm by not in any way an expert on Canadian editions of books and their value.

Its one of the types of books I'm keenly interested in collecting but have found it hard to find info on as to their history, quantity and valuation.

I suspect a lot of the databases are human and I need to find them before the information expires while the books live on.

He had a lot of Golden Age and Silver Age all CGC certified. Including a 9.0 Hulk 181 that came back a PLOD for a very small amount of color touch... The book was/is a 9.4 without much question. It was the color touch he was not impressed with. I didn't have my equipment to check to see where it was. But I think I will bring it with me next time. It wasn't visible looking at it with the naked eye...

Canadian Editions can vary in price depending on the title of the comic book. Collectors are willing to pay more for a popular title, character or art. Canadian Editions can go between 50% to 100% of guide.

Curious, how much was the Superboy #1 and the grade?