• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASHCANS

94 posts in this topic

Nice Books Juggernaut!!! (thumbs u

Almost feel shy posting more ashcans here because of Gary (moondog) and Mark's (Esquire) fantastic "GA Ashcan" thread. If you haven't checked it out yet do yourself a favor and see the "cream of the crop" as far as ashcans are concerned!!!! (worship)

Anyway because there are a ton of modern ashcans that we never see posted anywhere, I thought I'd post a few more here.

hillyrose.jpg

996240-pandora___devil_s_advocate__1__of_3___1999____page_1_super.jpg

savagedragon.jpg

roswellincident.jpg

catman1.jpg

Are there companies still making ashcan editions? It was a gimmick, sure, but I did like them. I found this in a box - it was supposed to have a signature but doesn't:

deathblowash.jpg

i published an ashcan last year, it featured all boardie art and stories (not tales from the dead, that was an actual comic) the ashcan was called these terrible times.

savagedragon.jpg

I'm big on the TMNT, but I'm not too familiar with the Image side of it. I'm guessing that is a Ninja Turtle, is it not? How's the story? Who did the writing/art?

savagedragon.jpg

I'm big on the TMNT, but I'm not too familiar with the Image side of it. I'm guessing that is a Ninja Turtle, is it not? How's the story? Who did the writing/art?

Hello, I'm sorry I haven't responded to this earlier. I just got back from vacation... :cry:

And yes it is a Ninja Turtle...

Anyway...this little mini-comic...not actually an ashcan...came with the toy figures..(Savage Dragon...and TMNT action figures).

I have two versions of this mini-comic....but both have the same interiors. I believe it was herlping to promote the new & improved version of the TMNT by Jim Lee As well as the action figures). (shrug)

Someone more knowledgeable than me might want to chime in on these mini-comics since i really don't know much about them..but they are kind of cool with color interiors even... (thumbs u

Are there companies still making ashcan editions? It was a gimmick, sure, but I did like them. I found this in a box - it was supposed to have a signature but doesn't:

deathblowash.jpg

i published an ashcan last year, it featured all boardie art and stories (not tales from the dead, that was an actual comic) the ashcan was called these terrible times.

I am currently publishing an entire line of ashcan comics right now....on a very specialized level only...

My ashcans feature only GA art and stories, and are public domain reprint material. They are cool though, and the print runs are limited to how many clients want a copy. So some of the prints runs will be under 10 copies each. This the cover of one of the current issues (Mar-Apr. 2011 issue). I want to state that I am doing this for fun.....and I am not making money on them...but i am basically covering my cost...but not my time....it's a hobby for me, it's enjoyable...that's all...don't consider this an advertisement...just commenting on a previous comment..don't want trouble here...

advsinparadise1.jpg

deathblowash.jpg

I am currently publishing an entire line of ashcan comics right now....on a very specialized level only...

My ashcans feature only GA art and stories, and are public domain reprint material. They are cool though, and the print runs are limited to how many clients want a copy. So some of the prints runs will be under 10 copies each. This the cover of one of the current issues (Mar-Apr. 2011 issue). I want to state that I am doing this for fun.....and I am not making money on them...but i am basically covering my cost...but not my time....it's a hobby for me, it's enjoyable...that's all...don't consider this an advertisement...just commenting on a previous comment..don't want trouble here...

advsinparadise1.jpg

Add me to your mailing list :)

I thought I would bump this thread, with a little trio of ashcan-sized books I never see anyone post...probably because I don't think they are officially ashcans. These evidently came as part of an audio-book set...and these are the only three issues I have. But I like them a lot even though i don't know much about them. Maybe someone can enlighten us on these. hm

Man of Steel #2....

manofsteel2-1.jpg

Man of Steel #3...

manofsteel3-1.jpg

and Man of Steel #6...

manofsteel6-1.jpg

If ANYONE out there has the other copies #1, #4, & #5...and would be interested in selling them....I am looking for these copies. :baiting:

deathblowash.jpg

Let's see a scan of the ashcan!!!!!! (thumbs u