• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underrated characters of the Copper Age

63 posts in this topic

I really liked Cloak and Dagger back in the day. I remember getting the Marvel Cloak and Dagger Poster for my birthday back then. My mom still has a picture of me holding the mini series in front of it. I haven't seen much done with them lately other than Cloak teleporting people around during Civil War.

They appeared for a while early in the second volume of Runaways.

Btw, I am a Dagger fan more so than a Cloak fan :luhv:

im surprised too that no one has tried to relaunch it. it has gained a nice cult following i believe. perhaps its a rights issue (shrug)

Rocketeer without Dave Stevens would be hard to pull off - IIRC the movie adaptation comic was pretty lame.

Don Simpson's Megaton Man doesn't get the love it should

and Michael T. Gilbert's Mr. Monster is possibly underrated, though he does seem to have a following.

MS.TREE,GROO,DREADSTAR and the NEW MUTANTS.

I think Groo had his day in the sun - I wouldn't call him underrated.

I've always wanted to read Ms. Tree - maybe this is a good time to track it down.

Scout is one of the best '80s characters that no one has read. Equal in my eyes to V for Vendetta, which used to be an underrated story of the CA.

The One, Void Indigo, Coyote, Sisterhood of Steel and any other Epic Comics-type characters that were pretty well-written but now forgotten.