• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Caine signs on as Alfred for new 'Batman'

15 posts in this topic

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMovies/nov25_caine-can.html

Caine signs on for new 'Batman'

Oscar-winning actor Michael Caine has agreed to play the role of butler Alfred in the fifth installment of the "Batman" series, Variety reports.

He joins Christian Bale, who was cast as the Caped Crusader in September.

"Memento" director Christopher Nolan will head up next year's shoot, aiming for a 2005 release.

Caine is also expected to reprise his role in the sequel to the 2000 romantic comedy "Miss Congeniality" with Sandra Bullock, announced in October.

He'll next appear in Norman Jewison's thriller "The Statement," opening in limited release next month.

I haven't followed this stuff at all, because the past 2 Batman movies were just so bad I stopped caring. Now this one's starting to sound good, have they said who the potential villains are yet? Hopefully this one doesn't have the "cartoonish" look of the last one or two.

Brian

The rumor is that the villains are Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow. I haven't heard anything about Howard Stern as The Scarecrow, but it seems unlikely to me.

Anyway, I'm more interested in who's going to be cast as Ra's...

He seems like a good choice. I can't remember who played Alfred in the other movies.

Michael Gough palyed him. A 1st rate Alfred. Caine is a fine actor but he has some work ahead of him to follow in Michael Gough's shoes!

I agree, I really liked Michael Gough. I was a bit disappointed when I heard Caine was slated but then I realized that Michael Gough is pushing 90 years old so that might be too much for him. What I am really not sure of is that Christian Bale ( American Psycho) is slated to play Batman. Who knows, I did not think Michael Keaton could pull it off either and I was wrong.

Tomega

Oscar-winning actor Michael Caine has agreed to play the role of butler Alfred in the fifth installment of the "Batman" series, Variety reports.

He joins Christian Bale, who was cast as the Caped Crusader in September.

"Memento" director Christopher Nolan will head up next year's shoot, aiming for a 2005 release.

Caine is also expected to reprise his role in the sequel to the 2000 romantic comedy "Miss Congeniality" with Sandra Bullock, announced in October.

He'll next appear in Norman Jewison's thriller "The Statement," opening in limited release next month.

What the ?!?...

Alfred is Austin Powers daddy ?!? 893whatthe.gif

I think I'm going to hang myself. Caine is too 'big' to keep Alfred as the cameo he should be and he'll monopolise his screen time. Not a good choice.