• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone tell me if its Flessel or O'Mealia or Flanagan ???

43 posts in this topic

Ok guys Im getting confused with the Tec 19, can someone shed some light here???

One thing I want to ask, didnt Flessel almost always sign his stuff ? But then Overstreet mentions the 18 as his last cover till the 34.

Tec 19 is O'Mealia. I am almost certain that 19-21 are all O'Mealia even though he only signed the 20. I am 100% sure it is not Flessel

Tec 36-39 are all Flanagan. We don't know much about him though.

Flessel did sign a majority of his stuff but their are some exceptions. There used to be some controversy about whether or not he did Tec 18. Someone did finally confirm with Flessel himself that the cover to Tec 18 was indeed his (thumbs u

Tec 37 is done by Flanagan? Not Kane?

I think Ronaldo meant Adv 36-39 is Flanagan, not Tec (he's got Tec on the brain, that young whippersnapper).

Ok guys Im getting confused with the Tec 19, can someone shed some light here???

One thing I want to ask, didnt Flessel almost always sign his stuff ? But then Overstreet mentions the 18 as his last cover till the 34.

Tec 19 is O'Mealia. I am almost certain that 19-21 are all O'Mealia even though he only signed the 20. I am 100% sure it is not Flessel

Flessel did sign a majority of his stuff but their are some exceptions. There used to be some controversy about whether or not he did Tec 18. Someone did finally confirm with Flessel himself that the cover to Tec 18 was indeed his (thumbs u

I think Ronaldo meant Adv 36-39 is Flanagan, not Tec (he's got Tec on the brain, that young whippersnapper).

Thank God, I thought this was going to get worse. But wait Even if he meant Adventures- Issues 37-39 are credited to Flessel!!!!!

Kane drew a cover himself? Bob Kane?

Jack

flame bait!

I just saw that Comics.org lists the cover for Tec 19 as Flessels.....

Well, with all due respect for the fantastic job the GCD does, it's still not because the GCD says it's by Flessel that it is. It does not look like Flessel to me either. Someone should ask FFB to see if he asked Flessel directly. Ronaldo, do you know if Scott did ask?

I'm the one that added this note to GCD after corresponding with Scott. (I deleted his last name in case he doesn't want it here, and I don't remember his board name. Scott = FFB?)

"Pencils and inks were originally credited to Leo O'Mealia. Creig Flessel confirmed in 2007 to Scott xxx that it was one of his covers in 2007. Correction was submitted by Scott xxx on July 20, 2008."

Jack, sorry I didn't check the entry on the GCD. Now that I know it was run by Flessel through FFB, I can safely say that: Way to go GCD. It's officially a Flessel cover ... still its poorest of that time period.

Jack, I aim to be the Marcus to your Rocke

It's a Knute point! :boo:

or the Peppe to your Crandall

How come you didn't Peppe up?

and can only fail miserably. All hail to the GCD Editors!

Thanks, but now I feel like I'm being stalked.

It's mostly a hard-working group, although I haven't been pulling my weight lately.

Jack

got a lot to pull

Yup thats what I meant. Thanks Stevo (thumbs u

So what is the official verdict? Not opinion? 19 is Flessel ( but I could have sworn that he signed all his covers-or at least almost all). FFB from what I know did meet with Mr. Flessel, so it could be confirmed with him.... right?

So what is the official verdict? Not opinion? 19 is Flessel ( but I could have sworn that he signed all his covers-or at least almost all). FFB from what I know did meet with Mr. Flessel, so it could be confirmed with him.... right?

Jack already confirmed it with Scott before posting the attribution on the GCD. In my mind, this is a lock as for the attribution. Flessel must be given the final word here.

the fact that we can't tell the artists apart is saying something....

sure there are pages/covers where we can see the distinctive differences, but on the whole these artists seem to have a very similar style.

did DC recruit them because of this i wonder...?

the fact that we can't tell the artists apart is saying something....

It's saying "business as usual" in my case.

sure there are pages/covers where we can see the distinctive differences, but on the whole these artists seem to have a very similar style.

did DC recruit them because of this i wonder...?

I bet an editor was telling two of them (O'Mealia and Flanagan?) to draw like the top dog of the three (Flessel?)

Jack

Scans please. (I like pretty colorful pictures instead of reading all this text in this thread.)

I wish I had these books in order to scan... lol

Im just trying to find out some info on who did what.

So if Mr. Flessel confirmed something Overtstreet should honor his word , right???

Not to overly defend Overstreet, but they probably don't have this information. They can't possibly have enough staff to scour groups like this and CGC for updates and corrections. From what I've read here, they're very slow about incorporating information sent directly to them -- probably because they have to vet it before it goes into the guide. I bet that they get all kinds of cockamamie misinformation fed to them by passionate but misinformed fans. It's best to treat Overstreet's credits as tentative.

I wonder whether Scott submitted any of the information that he got directly from Flessel.

Jack

So if Mr. Flessel confirmed something Overtstreet should honor his word , right???

Not to overly defend Overstreet, but they probably don't have this information. They can't possibly have enough staff to scour groups like this and CGC for updates and corrections. From what I've read here, they're very slow about incorporating information sent directly to them -- probably because they have to vet it before it goes into the guide. I bet that they get all kinds of cockamamie misinformation fed to them by passionate but misinformed fans. It's best to treat Overstreet's credits as tentative.

I wonder whether Scott submitted any of the information that he got directly from Flessel.

Jack

one thing to consider is the way some of this information can now be verified...heck, there are some great long time standing OSPG advisors that are right here (Bedrock, Ciorac, Esquire, JB, etc)...and, these days, an email or phone call to JCV, etc, can get info corrected (once run past the "big" desk)... just my 2c