• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone tell me if its Flessel or O'Mealia or Flanagan ???

43 posts in this topic

tec19.jpg

I thought this cover was originally by O'Mealia then I came across to some who say it is Flessel. Can someone clear this up??? CGC and Overstreet say Flessel's last cover was issue 18 (then he does issue 34) but now I hear that he did 19. What is the truth here?

Ok guys Im getting confused with the Tec 19, can someone shed some light here???

One thing I want to ask, didnt Flessel almost always sign his stuff ? But then Overstreet mentions the 18 as his last cover till the 34.

Ok guys Im getting confused with the Tec 19, can someone shed some light here???

One thing I want to ask, didnt Flessel almost always sign his stuff ? But then Overstreet mentions the 18 as his last cover till the 34.

Tec 19 is O'Mealia. I am almost certain that 19-21 are all O'Mealia even though he only signed the 20. I am 100% sure it is not Flessel

Tec 36-39 are all Flanagan. We don't know much about him though.

Flessel did sign a majority of his stuff but their are some exceptions. There used to be some controversy about whether or not he did Tec 18. Someone did finally confirm with Flessel himself that the cover to Tec 18 was indeed his (thumbs u

Tec 19 is O'Mealia. I am almost certain that 19-21 are all O'Mealia even though he only signed the 20. I am 100% sure it is not Flessel

Flessel did sign a majority of his stuff but their are some exceptions. There used to be some controversy about whether or not he did Tec 18. Someone did finally confirm with Flessel himself that the cover to Tec 18 was indeed his (thumbs u

Excellent info Ronaldo!!! (thumbs u

Maybe we could have a thread that lists ALL KNOWN covers by Flessel,Flanagan,O'Mealia,& Guardineer. Maybe even show a few cover scans as well. hm

I just saw that Comics.org lists the cover for Tec 19 as Flessels.....

Well, with all due respect for the fantastic job the GCD does, it's still not because the GCD says it's by Flessel that it is. It does not look like Flessel to me either. Someone should ask FFB to see if he asked Flessel directly. Ronaldo, do you know if Scott did ask?

18 is Flessel with an assist on the details of Fu Manchu's cloak.

I don't see 19 as O'Mealia at all. What drives you to that conclusion?

21 could be O'Mealia but it's definitely one of his weaker efforts.

I did see a CGc Tec 21 saying that the cover was by O'Mealia. The 18 has been known to be by Flessel since I can remember. I believe I even saw a reproduction cover done by him somewhere on here. But the 19 has left me totally scratching my head....

Tec 37 is done by Flanagan? Not Kane?

tec19.jpg

I thought this cover was originally by O'Mealia then I came across to some who say it is Flessel. Can someone clear this up??? CGC and Overstreet say Flessel's last cover was issue 18 (then he does issue 34) but now I hear that he did 19. What is the truth here?

rarehighgrade would know the answer to this.

Well, with all due respect for the fantastic job the GCD does, it's still not because the GCD says it's by Flessel that it is. It does not look like Flessel to me either. Someone should ask FFB to see if he asked Flessel directly. Ronaldo, do you know if Scott did ask?

I'm the one that added this note to GCD after corresponding with Scott. (I deleted his last name in case he doesn't want it here, and I don't remember his board name. Scott = FFB?)

"Pencils and inks were originally credited to Leo O'Mealia. Creig Flessel confirmed in 2007 to Scott xxx that it was one of his covers in 2007. Correction was submitted by Scott xxx on July 20, 2008."

Jack

PS: Ya think it was confirmed in 2007? Maybe I should edit that note.

I'm the one that added this note to GCD after corresponding with Scott. (I deleted his last name in case he doesn't want it here, and I don't remember his board name. Scott = FFB?)

"Pencils and inks were originally credited to Leo O'Mealia. Creig Flessel confirmed in 2007 to Scott xxx that it was one of his covers in 2007. Correction was submitted by Scott xxx on July 20, 2008."

Jack

PS: Ya think it was confirmed in 2007? Maybe I should edit that note.

Jack, sorry I didn't check the entry on the GCD. Now that I know it was run by Flessel through FFB, I can safely say that: Way to go GCD. It's officially a Flessel cover ... still its poorest of that time period.

Jack, I aim to be the Marcus to your Rocke or the Peppe to your Crandall and can only fail miserably. All hail to the GCD Editors!