• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

By what percentage will the bad economy reduce your comic spending?

How much will you spend in next 12 months on comics versus last 12 months?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you spend in next 12 months on comics versus last 12 months?

30 posts in this topic

DOW was down another 400 today.

So with all the bad economic news out there (stock market, housing, unemployment, etc.) how much do you plan to spend on comics in the next 12 months compared to the last 12 months? (see poll)

Comics? I'm spending all my money on crack

Crack is a rock solid investment

ROCK :roflmao:

I actually have a friend who told me that he is not worried about the economy. Because if he gets laid off he will go back to selling drugs (yes, he was being serious, he sold them as a teenager)

He tells me the worse the economy gets, the more people wants drugs.

There have been at least 5 similar threads over the last month about this same topic.

A month ago people still had a house, a job, and a 401k

Some people still do. Some people never did.

:makepoint:

Your poll, and your thread title are asking two different things.

According to the question posed in the title, 0% means spending won't change. 200% means not only are you not spending, but you're selling the equivalent of what you used to spend.

I'm confuzzled. :baiting:

Comics? I'm spending all my money on crack

Crack is a rock solid investment

ROCK :roflmao:

I actually have a friend who told me that he is not worried about the economy. Because if he gets laid off he will go back to selling drugs (yes, he was being serious, he sold them as a teenager)

He tells me the worse the economy gets, the more people wants drugs.

or alcohol. my uncle owns a bar, you want to make money? get into the alcohol business. bar or liquor store. never a downturn. He says business has gone up when the economy goes down. people always come in to get drunk.

According to the question posed in the title, 0% means spending won't change. 200% means not only are you not spending, but you're selling the equivalent of what you used to spend.

The poll asked how much you will spend in next 12 months compared to last 12 months. Therefore, 0% means you are spending 0% of the amount you previously spent (i.e. no spending at all for next 12 months). 200% means you are spending 200% of the amount you previously spent (i.e. your spending doubles for the next 12 months)

honestly, given that i'm in a relatively secure situation and so is my wife...and my mother, g-d bless her soul, is sitting in a nice chunk of cash right now if things really went down the toilet (she wouldn't let her cutest grandson be homeless!), i actually might be thinking about spending a little more on somewhat better stuff in the short term. "better" for me is relative -- i might be looking in the $2 boxes. there might be "deals" to be had...maybe.

i will probably be cutting back the modern bargain box impulse purchases at the LCS. most of the time i can't put together a story arc buying that way, so it's not even worth it from that perspective, forgetting about potential resale.