• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC submission question

8 posts in this topic

Didn't know where else to post this..

My first (ever) batch of CGC submissions just went from 'received' to 'verified'. When checking the details for the order, I already see some omissions/errors on the label information and notes.

The problems:

- Fables #1 variant cover is not listed as a variant.

- Cerebus #5 comments says "on letters page.".. looks like something is missing here.

- Various standard notes are missing, like "1st appearance of.."

So I'm wondering.. will all this stuff will get ironed out as the books move through the assembly line, or if I should call to have them fixed before it's too late?

Thanks for the help.

I have a submission that doesn't note one of the pedigrees I submitted. I believe it will get straightened out before moving to scheduled for grading. I sent them an e-mail 3 days ago about it but never heard back.

Didn't know where else to post this..

My first (ever) batch of CGC submissions just went from 'received' to 'verified'. When checking the details for the order, I already see some omissions/errors on the label information and notes.

The problems:

- Fables #1 variant cover is not listed as a variant.

- Cerebus #5 comments says "on letters page.".. looks like something is missing here.

- Various standard notes are missing, like "1st appearance of.."

So I'm wondering.. will all this stuff will get ironed out as the books move through the assembly line, or if I should call to have them fixed before it's too late?

Thanks for the help.

Call them straight away!

You certainly can call them if you want to, but the online form many times does not show all of the info that ends up on the label. For example, online, Cap 117 doesn't show as 1st Falcon, but it was right where it needed to be when the label was prinited.

Update.. The order status is still at "verified". I called them to check on the notes and the guy I spoke with says they will all be fixed when the books go through grading phase. I pointed out the missing variant notes and the truncated sentence. He said not to worry.

Quality Control

Graded and encapsulated comics are re-examined by a grader to make certain that their labels are correct for both the grade and its accompanying descriptive information. He also inspects each comic for any flaws on its holder, such as scuffs or nicks.

This is the step after Grading.

It is best to check, a friend of mine recently got a hold of a SS Batman #676 1:25 variant and it was labelled up as a 2nd print.

CGC did say they would relabel it free of charge though.