• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know a good Autograph dealer/ buyer?

20 posts in this topic

Its really not my specialty......and I've had a couple in a folder for years and years. I'd run across them while cleaning and organizing.....and think.....I need to sell those.....and then I'd get involved in something else and they would get shelved again. So this time......I have at least motivated enough to ask about it.

Just some fan photos and some envelopes (with 1 cent stamps on em) and some fan-mail respose letters. A few of the names I recognize.....but alot I don't. About 6 or 7 are 50's teeny bopper heart throb photos....like Fabian etc. Heres the pile. One letter is on Dr.Christian letterhead and signed by Jean Hersholt. Its prob the nicest one of the bunch and really worth something to the right person.

IMG_3469.jpg

Hedy Lamarr. Nice :applause:

FOR THE LAST TIME, IT'S HEDLEY!

hedley-lamarr.jpg

I must be missing a reference here? (shrug)

In Mel Brooks' Blazing Shaddles, the main villain's name is Hedley Lamarr (played by the late, great, Harvey Korman - pictured above). A running gag throughout the movie is that most of the other characters keep calling him Heddy, and he always replies "that's Hedley", with a combined expression of anger and despair...

I've seen the movie more times than I can count and I could probably recite most dialogue from memory. :acclaim:

I wish !!! I would keept that one.....especially if it was a signed pic from COMBAT !!

Heres the list of signatures .....some of these I don't think are actual ink on the paper......but I'm no expert

1. Hedy Lamarr - letter

2. Anne Gwynne - letter

3. Jean Hersholt - letter

4. Ozzie, Harriet, David, and Ricky - photo

5. Addie Bobkins - photo

6. Rick Nelson - photo

7. Dave Nelson - photo

8. Carol Bruce - photo

9. Pat Boone - photo

10. Fabian - photo

11. Alan Ladd - photo w/ envelope - no sig

12. Jennette MacDonald - photo w/ envelope

13. Sal Mineo - photo

14. Van Johnson - photo

15. Gale Storm - photo

16. Envelopes from Colombia Studios and Metro Goldwyn-Mayer

17. Envelopes from Mary Lee and James Cagney

Thanks for fixing the link.....I just looked him over. Only trouble I see is this tiny little line in the "letter authentification" section......

"Pricing begins at $500"......

and that was the end of that !! :(