• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many board members create their own art?

85 posts in this topic

That was the last comic art I ever did... and last thing for about 10 years altogether. I did some stuff with charcoal a couple of years ago (non-comic) but again stopped.

I'm surprised there isn't an active thread of original art by board members (unless there is one and just haven't seen it).

Here is the previous thread that you want to look at to see the talent of some of the posters here.

CS art thread

I'm a professional motion graphics artist. I do graphic animation for television, film and video. Some of my cooler recent projects have been a video backdrop for the Van Halen tour, Mission of Burma documentary, tons of stuff for the Boston Red Sox, tons of stuff for Converse.

Anyone interested can view my demo reel here:

www.michael-mackenzie.com

As always, it's great to see everyones work.

I seriously like your interiors on Rolling Man! err.. I mean Race Man! oopps.. Race Way!

Nice work Ken, scan some more.

:applause:

I didn't know there were so many fellow artists around here! Awesome! :D

Though I don't draw nearly as much as I should anymore (my work is mostly digital nowadays, with the Adobe Creative Suite as my main tool), here is a tribute drawing I did after I got the news that George Carlin died.

george_1.jpg

And here's a quick sketch of Kevin from The Office that was done in Photoshop using my Wacom tablet:

kevin_wip.jpg

This is great seeing everyones creativity !! I love it !! I think creative output is very healthy. I myself have done some cartooning, a bit of music, learned beer making and most recently photography and story telling. Heres a link to my Beer Drinking Gnomes web site.......he went to San Diego last year !! Perhaps someone here is inadvertently in one of my pictures.

http://www.gnomegold.net/

IMG_1546.jpg

As always, it's great to see everyones work.

I seriously like your interiors on Rolling Man! err.. I mean Race Man! oopps.. Race Way!

Nice work Ken, scan some more.[/Quote]

Only because you request. Here is a bit of RACEWAY #2. This issue has the Scarlet Skater stealing a James Bond Austin Martin from a auto show. This was the first a several battles that I had Raceway battling this car. I don't know way I chose the Austin Martin. I like James Bond films. What can I say!

Just a side note. I once wrote an Iron Man story this way and sent it to Marvel. Stan Lee was so impressed that they used the story. It was the story were Iron Man had to fight someone that stole his old Gold color Iron Man suit. I got a NO-PRIZE from Stan that he sent as thanks. I still have it somewhere.

Well here is RACEWAY. Enjoy, have a good laugh. Its on me.

RACEWAY2.jpg

2pg12.jpg

2pg13.jpg

2pg15.jpg

I have been published in comics more than 80 times though many of the publications have been with me as the letterer. I rarely get comic work as a letterer nowadays since the computer has taken over. I still make money doing hand lettering, currently signage for a book store. I have been published as an artist and writer perhaps ten times in the past year. The problem is almost nobody sees them. It is like working in a vaccuum. It doesn't pay much either. I will go back to it when I run out of better paying work and work that more than a few people will actually see. I have done some work as a portrait artist. This is my most recent portrait. It's actual size is 24" by 30".

Philomena