• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many board members create their own art?

85 posts in this topic

I'm a professional motion graphics artist. I do graphic animation for television, film and video. Some of my cooler recent projects have been a video backdrop for the Van Halen tour, Mission of Burma documentary, tons of stuff for the Boston Red Sox, tons of stuff for Converse.

Anyone interested can view my demo reel here:

www.michael-mackenzie.com

That's some nice work (thumbs u

If I ever manage to get ahead enough to buy a shiverbones original painting, I think I would spank off all over myself. :cloud9:

here's my shiverbones original:

http://www.shiverbones.com/matthewkirscht/gallery/gettingdrunk.htm

luckily both me and my wife enjoy the interesting and bizarre (not that this is matt's most bizarre, but it's the most bizarre one I could afford!)

and i know it's good because my P-I-T-A mother-in-law said it was horrible and ugly.

here some of mine fro a long time ago...I'd still like to revisit this painting, a few elements are not so good in hindsight:

114-1493_IMG.jpg

I'm a professional motion graphics artist. I do graphic animation for television, film and video. Some of my cooler recent projects have been a video backdrop for the Van Halen tour, Mission of Burma documentary, tons of stuff for the Boston Red Sox, tons of stuff for Converse.

Anyone interested can view my demo reel here:

www.michael-mackenzie.com

That's some nice work (thumbs u

Thanks man!

Anyone interested can see more of RACEWAY in the thread titled RACEWAY AND HIS ROLLING WEAPON. I decided to start a separate thread so I wouldn't fill this great one with all my stuff. I really like seeing all the work these board members have done. A lot of great work.

And thanks Ze-Man, The Blob, Mica, Shiverbones for the nice words about my old comics. Check out the RACEWAY thread if you like to see more of the story.

Wow, finally a thread I have enough confidence to post in.

A cover recreation I did. Pen and ink on 11 x 17 comic board. No lightbox, just freehand except for the text under his feet, which is pasted on. Sorry for the small size, I can put a bigger scan later if anyone is interested.

IronMan126CvrRec.jpg

-Scott

One thing I would advise right off the bat is to learn to use a separate channel for your lineart. My eye goes right to the white spots peeking out from behind those tightly feathered lines and using that technique would allow you to color "behind" those lines.

Scanning it quickly, the first google result looks like a good tutorial on the technical ins and outs of computer colors

http://www.balloontales.com/articles/coloring/index.html