• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats the deal?

40 posts in this topic

i wonder why the BA forum is so slow. the GA forum is crazy busy, it seems like the SA forum has picked up allot in the last year but the BA forum still crawls along like a snail. hm

it seems like there is a large number of BA collectors here. there are a ton of BA books being sold every day in the market place. hm

the BA kicks azz there is no denying that. i mean if you are a fan of comics at all then you have to appreciate the BA.

first you have the huge number of comics that hit the stands during the period. just about any genre you could dream up, some of the best creators putting out some of the best work.

anyone have any ideas why there is such little traffic here (shrug)

Not much to talk about :shrug: With GA there's mysteries and hard to find stuff stuff. With BA any old schmoe can get a book in 9.6.

well that definitely must be part of it. but if you check out the GA forum half of the threads at any given time are about the books them selves, stories, art and the creators. not just the grade or the scarcity of the book.

Not much to talk about :shrug: With GA there's mysteries and hard to find stuff stuff. With BA any old schmoe can get a book in 9.6.

well that definitely must be part of it. but if you check out the GA forum half of the threads at any given time are about the books them selves, stories, art and the creators. not just the grade or the scarcity of the book.

hm I agree. BA guys should talk about their books. Although most of whats posted is slabbed so they could talk about the cover I guess.

hm I agree. BA guys should talk about their books. Although most of whats posted is slabbed so they could talk about the cover I guess.

:roflmao:

The BA forum was jumping about two years ago when BA horror was hot.

Sterling's Infinite Bronze Horror Thread had people posting books, discussing storylines and artists till they turned blue!

I guess it's old hat now that almost everythings been covered...

From what I’ve noticed, BA collectors talk about the same books most of the time. They need to expand into other areas of the Bronze Age. There are so many other topics to cover like fanzines, underground comics, comic memorabilia, marketing of BA comics (comics related to tv, movies and cartoons), independent publishers and hardcovers just to name a few. Some other great topics would be 70’s comic book conventions, local comic stores in 70’s or comic related pictures (stores, conventions, racks, children reading comics, etc..).

Some of these topics might have been discussed before but it’s good to revisit it every year or so. There are always new members to the boards and they may have new things to add to the discussion.

From what I’ve noticed, BA collectors talk about the same books most of the time. They need to expand into other areas of the Bronze Age. There are so many other topics to cover like fanzines, underground comics, comic memorabilia, marketing of BA comics (comics related to tv, movies and cartoons), independent publishers and hardcovers just to name a few. Some other great topics would be 70’s comic book conventions, local comic stores in 70’s or comic related pictures (stores, conventions, racks, children reading comics, etc..).

Some of these topics might have been discussed before but it’s good to revisit it every year or so. There are always new members to the boards and they may have new things to add to the discussion.

(thumbs u

I am one of the worst for posting CGC books rather than raw copies, especially in the Favorite Neal Adams covers thread. So it would be easy for me to say yeah I can't read it, open it etc... But we actually end up diagnosing many of the covers that Neal has done. Between Gernblanston, TeddieMerc, JohnT and myself, we have come to find more and more about Neal and his art. On a side note, we have discovered he does not quite draw dogs and horses very well, more like rabbits. From that thread, JohnT and Teddie have shown great knowledge about characters in the DC universe which did not cause a new thread, but none the less, we discussed the interior and characters.

Maybe we should have started a thread to get more people involved but we didn't. I may have done a dis-service to the boards by not breaking out the thread but too late on that one. I even was forced to go buy some comics so I could read what they were talking about. Problem is most DC characters are from the golden and silver age, so those areas have had the threads that I needed.

I am with you, I would like more threads and more questions in the BA, I just have not done it.

On a side note, we have discovered he does not quite draw dogs and horses very well, more like rabbits.

lol

BA is the best place on the Boards. It is a nice quiet island of calm away from all the high school stuff going on elsewhere.

i think that's a great idea.

Go post it it :gossip:

BA isn't just Horror, War, & Adams.

sorry, I just posted and Adams book, but I did just get it.... (shrug)

Post away Dover! I'm posting an Adams book right now buddy.