• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,934 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2023 at 7:56 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Been looking for a 9.8 of this and they really don't seem to ever come up.

+1... with 111 9.8 Universals shown on the census, should be a few around for sale...hm

If you’re a fan of the original Mad comics you need this one. I blacked out the naughty parts to post the scan so not on the original book only here because not sure how mods would feel about posting it. Either way happy to get a copy.

80245766-6CFD-49BF-B14C-C81955FB7482.thumb.jpeg.22f85c436da8d82bb4e24b836a89d0af.jpeg

Edited by N e r V

Not super high grade for this era but white pages and decent centering make this a worthwhile pick up. This copy came out about a year and a half before I started collecting Fantastic Four but I dig this cover for the Buscema Crystal and the Lockjaw taking the Thing to task at the bottom. John Buscema was the Fantastic Four artist if you grew up in the early to mid 1970’s with Buckler arriving later. The post Kirby run with him was full of some wonderful art and pretty interesting stories with the Crystal/Human Torch/Quicksilver triangle and Sue leaving Reed and Medusa being the female replacement.

Also the last 1970’s Fantastic Four to use the old logo. They wouldn’t use it again on the main title until #218 brought back the 1980’s version of it. The 1970’s annuals did continue to use the old logo though.

216AD0B4-8F21-4783-A4FE-2D591A6E50C7.thumb.jpeg.3b194eeffffa28d948d455e54dfb4aca.jpeg

Edited by N e r V