• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,934 posts in this topic

the 9.9 is elusive for Bronze indeed. I never thought after so many submissions of so many books that I thought were flawless, not one came back 9.9

+1!!!

I still cant believe that my Iron Fist 14 came back "only" a 9.8 (shrug)

That thing is freaking FLAWLESS! I have a lot of 9.8's and that IF14 blows every single one of them out of the water, not even close. All 4 corners front and back are like razors and not 1 single even tiny dent on the spine. I'd put it up against any other 9.8 IF14 and would bet money that 100 out of 100 people would pick it as the nicest of them all.

I'm firmly convinced it IS a 9.9 but they just decided they are NOT going to give ANY IF14 a 9.9-10.0 (thumbs u

the 9.9 is elusive for Bronze indeed. I never thought after so many submissions of so many books that I thought were flawless, not one came back 9.9

+1!!!

That thing is freaking FLAWLESS! I have a lot of 9.8's and that IF14 blows every single one of them out of the water, not even close. All 4 corners front and back are like razors and not 1 single even tiny dent on the spine. I'd put it up against any other 9.8 IF14 and would bet money that 100 out of 100 people would pick it as the nicest of them all.

I'm firmly convinced it IS a 9.9 but they just decided they are NOT going to give ANY IF14 a 9.9-10.0 (thumbs u

Maybe your IF14 is a 9.85. ;) Getting a 9.9 is darn hard (not real new stuff though). I literally scan to a comic shop's inventory of 1200 Amazing Spiderman 363 and 600-X-men 282 and thought I found at least a 9.9 for my collection, but NO. :mad:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

+1!!!

Maybe your IF14 is a 9.85. ;) Getting a 9.9 is darn hard (not real new stuff though). I literally scan to a comic shop's inventory of 1200 Amazing Spiderman 363 and 600-X-men 282 and thought I found at least a 9.9 for my collection, but NO. :mad:

Apparently!

I've seen i think 3 9.9's and 1 10.0 in person (all moderns) and none of them look any better than my IF14. Like i said, it is FLAWLESS. As hard as it is to et, i was pretty positive i was getting the magical 9.9-10.0.

Why it didnt, who knows??? (shrug)

I called for the graders notes and they told me "there are no notes for this book but all 3 graders gave it a 9.8". They said they dont usually have notes for 9.8's. I dont know if thats true or not since i've never called for notes on a 9.8 before. every other 9.8 ive gotten i was thrilled over and didnt bother getting notes. I got 4 9.8's back in my last submission and my IF14 makes them look like 8.0's!

It's definitely annoying that not only did i not get the 9.9-10.0 but they cant even tell me what was wrong with the book to not get that grade :frustrated:

Like i said, i definitely feel like they just decided that there are NOT going to be any 9.9 IF14's at this point

I think CGC is super duper tough on giving 9.9 to anything prior to 1980.

It does happen but so rare and I submitted enough flawless books that didn't get 9.9 that I gave up hoping and wishing.

I agree. I really think that if this was some nothing book from the mid80's-90's, it would have gotten a 9.9.

Definitely annoying but i think you are right and even hoping is pointless for BA/SA books. It just aint gonna happen.

+1!!!

Apparently!

I've seen i think 3 9.9's and 1 10.0 in person (all moderns) and none of them look any better than my IF14. Like i said, it is FLAWLESS. As hard as it is to et, i was pretty positive i was getting the magical 9.9-10.0.

Why it didnt, who knows??? (shrug)

I called for the graders notes and they told me "there are no notes for this book but all 3 graders gave it a 9.8". They said they dont usually have notes for 9.8's. I dont know if thats true or not since i've never called for notes on a 9.8 before. every other 9.8 ive gotten i was thrilled over and didnt bother getting notes. I got 4 9.8's back in my last submission and my IF14 makes them look like 8.0's!

It's definitely annoying that not only did i not get the 9.9-10.0 but they cant even tell me what was wrong with the book to not get that grade :frustrated:

Like i said, i definitely feel like they just decided that there are NOT going to be any 9.9 IF14's at this point

Most pre-1980's comics does NOT exist in 9.8 to begin with. Some comic just is so darn hard to score a 9.9 because of the way it is printed...Amazing Spiderman 361 and X-men 282...etc... Your copy on a good day could have been a 9.9. Two of the three graders have to make the call at 9.9 and the senior grader has the final call. That's not easy if you want a 9.9. Why not grade it again and see if you get a shot at 9.9, because I'm going to again with few of my other books the next time around.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Been awhile since I bought a Bronze Age comic...I never bought any of these Power Record Comics...saw this one and grabbed it...now of course I may have to buy all the Marvel ones... lol

047.jpg[/img]

Freekin' awesome,are you going to try to get the whole set? I bet it would be tough to find em all in high grade. :applause:

Been awhile since I bought a Bronze Age comic...I never bought any of these Power Record Comics...saw this one and grabbed it...now of course I may have to buy all the Marvel ones... lol

047.jpg[/img]

Freekin' awesome,are you going to try to get the whole set? I bet it would be tough to find em all in high grade. :applause:

If anything, I will just get the Marvel ones...I am not a DC fan. I am not sure how many were made yet. Time to make a new list! lol I was shocked at this ones condition...Its realllly nice. At least a NM. And 5 bucks!!! Came with the record too!!! Kinda sweet finding it too....found it flipping thru a long box at a LCS in my area. Its nice to find comics like that! Like the old days!

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

047.jpg[/img]

If anything, I will just get the Marvel ones...I am not a DC fan. I am not sure how many were made yet. Time to make a new list! lol I was shocked at this ones condition...Its realllly nice. At least a NM. And 5 bucks!!! Came with the record too!!! Kinda sweet finding it too....found it flipping thru a long box at a LCS in my area. Its nice to find comics like that! Like the old days!

Yeah very cool find,how can you loose for 5 bucks.Time to break out the old record player and get all nostalgic. :cloud9:

047.jpg[/img]

Yeah very cool find,how can you loose for 5 bucks.Time to break out the old record player and get all nostalgic. :cloud9:

Yeah 5 bucks is a total win! :cloud9:lol I have not had a record player in years. Used to have a ton of Heavy Metal vinyl...sold it years back on ebay and made some pretty good money! Record player broke since and I didnt need a new one... lol