• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,962 posts in this topic

After seeing all those CGC 9.6's and 9.8's BA books posted, I was sort of hesitant to post this latest acquisition of mine.

At least it has perfect white pages, well-centered (for a square-bound), and sports a Neal Adams cover! :cloud9:

Behold. The origin and first appearance of the Defenders!!! 'Nuff said.

$(KGrHqMOKowE35(O-ektBOFMHHby+g~~0_3.JPG

After seeing all those CGC 9.6's and 9.8's BA books posted, I was sort of hesitant to post this latest acquisition of mine.

At least it has perfect white pages, well-centered (for a square-bound), and sports a Neal Adams cover! :cloud9:

Behold. The origin and first appearance of the Defenders!!! 'Nuff said.

$(KGrHqMOKowE35(O-ektBOFMHHby+g~~0_3.JPG

Cool book!!! Defenders were great!!!! Dont worry, not every one on here collects in just 9.6 and 9.8 grades. Your 8.5 book is mega high grade too me!!! :applause: Bronze comics I tryed to buy in VF or better...Silver comics I had to go down to VG...sometimes lower. :cry:

Here are a couple that just came in from Heritage and back from CGC this week:

One that falls on the Silver/Bronze borderline

cgcTomahawk123.jpg

A couple of "pedigree" books

cgcDetectiveComics411TC.jpg

cgcFantasticFour103TC.jpg

My lone SA/BA purchase from local cons this spring

cgcGreenLantern86.jpg

And a very pleasant and unexpected surprise

cgcGreenLantern87.jpg

Couldnt agree more. I dont worry too much about grades. a nice 6.0 is as important to me as a 9.8 is to some of the other fellas. Its not about money. I dont get caught up in all the high grade drama. I personally look at stress marks and chip , bends or writing on a book as a good thing. Shows age , tells a story I guess. Someone read the thing , what was meant to happen to the book. a nice 6.0 has character to me. a 9.9 while beautiful etc seems to perfect , too clean. If its a book I want I will take a VG any day. Fact that prices are low for them is a benefit.

Cool book!!! Defenders were great!!!! Dont worry, not every one on here collects in just 9.6 and 9.8 grades. Your 8.5 book is mega high grade too me!!! :applause: Bronze comics I tryed to buy in VF or better...Silver comics I had to go down to VG...sometimes lower. :cry:

Some more BA Bats for my small, but steadily growing collection.

dc_superstar_holiday_special.jpg

I think the DC Super Star Holiday special is right at the tail end of the BA according to the rules. It's Frank Miller's first work on Batman, but before his work on the DKR.

Some more BA Bats for my small, but steadily growing collection.

dc_superstar_holiday_special.jpg

I think the DC Super Star Holiday special is right at the tail end of the BA according to the rules. It's Frank Miller's first work on Batman, but before his work on the DKR.

Nice stuff! :applause:

And a newsstand copy of this classic:

ASM230Newstand.jpg

That is NICE! (worship)

I think that was the 1st Spidey book i ever bought as a kid. I was into the Avengers, X-men and Thor back then and didnt really like ASM but since it had Juggernaut in it, i bought it. Seeing books like that one almost make me feel like a 10 year old again buying comics off the news stand and rushing home to read them :cloud9: