• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,905 posts in this topic

Got this in the mail this week. Other than the slight ink wear in the purple area along the spine, this is one of the sharpest 9.2s I've seen. It even has the cent sign intact which is kind of tough for this issue.

imagejpg4_zps5916c7a9.jpg

I got these a few weeks ago, just now got around to scanning them. The 395 has alluded me for a long time.

DetectiveComics395_zpsc758e593.jpg

Somebody went crazy on the distributor ink on this one.

DetectiveComics409_zps4b3a885e.jpg

DetectiveComics410_zpse2faffdd.jpg

The Batman series has a lot of the big keys, but I've always been partial to the Detective run myself.

I agree. Besides some of Adams best work, those early Tec books are really tough to find in high grade. There's really not a bad book in the run, although a lot of folks tend to take offense to flipper boy in #410. Tec 402 and 404 are personal favorites of mine and were especially tough for me to track down in high grade.

Oddly enough, Denny ONeil felt that story was better written and better put together than the classic "Secret of the Waiting Graves" in Tec 395. It was reprinted as part of a select group of stories in Limited Collectors Edition 59 "Batman's Strangest Cases" where I first read it. This was by far, the weirdest one due to the subject matter. They should have picked Batman 255 instead. Much more worthy of inclusion.

I actually like #410. I know the seal-boy is kind of weird, but they're a circus freak show. Overall, I think it's a nice example of a gothic who-done-it from this O'Neil/Adams period.

My vote for worst Batman story of the Bronze Age would be Batman #221. Awesome cover. Insides.....yeesh.

I actually like #410. I know the seal-boy is kind of weird, but they're a circus freak show. Overall, I think it's a nice example of a gothic who-done-it from this O'Neil/Adams period.

My vote for worst Batman story of the Bronze Age would be Batman #221. Awesome cover. Insides.....yeesh.

Worst book? Have you ever read Bats 222? Why this book is so insanely expensive in any grade is beyond me.

A couple of books that came in this week. Pedigree or not, it was a complete waste of money for someone to have slabbed this thing. Got it for the price of a reader and that's all this book is. By far, the worst looking Rocky Mountain I've seen. I think they would have been better served to have quietly disassociated this book from the pedigree name. I guess all the good books are sold and CL are just unloading the low grade drek.

RADDC97E2014328_16373.jpg

This Bats 217 is much better :/

147078.jpg.449fcdb16cc186dd2258a378fbde6110.jpg

Those are some sweet Neal Adams Batman cover books Brian (thumbs u my LCS shop had a 20% off deal today for FCBD had to pick these up.

003_zps4f6303d0.jpg

great pic ups... care to share for how much were these priced up?

regards