• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

I got these two in last week.

I compromised on the wrap on this copy, but otherwise it's pretty sharp.

DetectiveComics397cgc92_zpsce6dcbb3.jpg

It's always been one of my favorite Adam's covers ever since I saw it as a kid in Batman: From the 30's to the 70's. Based on the cover, I always imaged the story being a cool supernatural thriller - or at least semi-supernatural like #395. Sadly, the story is actually a fairly dull crime caper, but the Adam's art inside is as good as any from the period.

This one was a somewhat hidden auction. The seller accidentally made the title plural so it wasn't showing up in my regular search. I only stumbled across it less than 3 days before it ended thanks to eBay's (usually unhelpful) "You Might Also Be Interested In..." suggestions.

Not completely hidden as there were 2 watchers and about 29 views when it ended. Still, I got it for about 30% less than what another copy sold on Clink for a couple of months ago.

Thus, instead of a 9.4 like I was planning, I was able to afford this:

SwampThing2cgc96_zps2a76ebb8.jpg

I got these two in last week.

I compromised on the wrap on this copy, but otherwise it's pretty sharp.

DetectiveComics397cgc92_zpsce6dcbb3.jpg

It's always been one of my favorite Adam's covers ever since I saw it as a kid in Batman: From the 30's to the 70's. Based on the cover, I always imaged the story being a cool supernatural thriller - or at least semi-supernatural like #395. Sadly, the story is actually a fairly dull crime caper, but the Adam's art inside is as good as any from the period.

Nice pick up.

Same here. One of my favs. Graded copies don't come around very often. I picked up this one relatively cheap last year. Was OK with the grade because the book just presented itself so well. Plus, the pages are W.

147282.jpg.1b033ce46ee03f533d4385a6cd844b44.jpg

I remember buying those books off the stands as a a kid. As much as I loved the title, it just wasn't the same after Starlin left.

For me that I have read them "the other way around", i.e. I read issues after Starlin as a kid and the Starlin ones just recently, I must say I still find excellent most of the stories up to #55, by Steve Englehart, Gerry Conway and Scott Edelman. Especially Edelman, with whom I had been briefly in contact recently and I told him. :)

Won this auction & books arrived over the weekend...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281332459706?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Good stuff in there; Marvel Presents GotGs, nice looking Omega the Unknown run, a Marvel Spotlight featuring Star-Lord, some Marvel Two-In-Ones...but actually bought it for duplicate Ms. Marvel & Nova #1s... :grin:

Thanks David.

Wow!! What a Great group of books you just got, damn!! :cloud9:

I love Giant-Sizes, as they came out right after I started collecting. I remember having that Master of Kung Fu 1 and Werewolf 4. Congrats on the High-Grade copies. :D