• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

In all honesty, it's not the best looking 9.6 I've seen, although the wrap is pretty good. The cover, especially the back, appears to be tanning quite a bit. I did check the date of the grade and it was only 3 months ago so I assume the interior pages are still WHITE as labeled. Just weird how the cover can sometimes age so differently than the interior. In any case, it was still cheaper than any of the 9.6s offered for sale on eBay.

I have a CGC 9.2 W of issue #2 coming in pretty soon and possibly an issue #3 in the same grade. Thankfully the Kirby issues are not a huge run so this shouldn't set me back to much. As a kid, this series absolutely blew me away. Was really bewildered when it abruptly ended by issue #11.

Can't wait to see if Neal Adam's lobbying will get this series made into a movie.

Just snagged this from a drbanner sales thread..... man, Mike is a tight grader. I remember picking up my first copy of this from a 7-11 spinner and being wowed by it's tribute cover. They weren't doing a lot of tribute covers in those days and it was a fresh idea.... and I loved it. I'm trying to get up the nerve to take it out of the bag to re-read it..... but it's in such nice shape. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FANTASTIC%20FOUR%20126.jpg

Nice! On a related note, here's an upgrade to my Iron Man #93 I bought off the spinner rack. I picked it up last summer, so it's not new this week but just finally got around to re-reading it. Some pages were still stuck at the pull down claw holes, so it appears to have been unread.

IM93.jpg

Got an amazing random act of kindness from another member of the Gil Kane/Bronze age fan club!

The Backup of CotL 16 has a fantastic Kirby/Ayers reprint. :cloud9:

And the Thor 207 (his favourite book) is a Tongie Farm, with a classic Loki cover! (and an appearance of Superman and Batman!) Bronze is just so awesome. Thanks John!

TupGtuil.jpg GdjsAfNl.jpg

Got an amazing random act of kindness from another member of the Gil Kane/Bronze age fan club!

The Backup of CotL 16 has a fantastic Kirby/Ayers reprint. :cloud9:

And the Thor 207 (his favourite book) is a Tongie Farm, with a classic Loki cover! (and an appearance of Superman and Batman!) Bronze is just so awesome. Thanks John!

TupGtuil.jpg GdjsAfNl.jpg

Love that Thor cover. Totally awesomeness!

A fun book purchased from Best International Comics in New Hyde Park, NY. I had this book as a kid so it was great to pick it up in a high grade! What If # 1. (thumbs u

What%20If%201%20front%20cover.jpg

Edited by Steviehuv66

My February Comiclink win came in the mail this week. I had some reservations when I bid, but it presents really well in hand. I owned a really nice 9.0 about 10 years ago but was forced to sell it. These is a great replacement, hope this can be a keeper.

image_zpsu08h1p2m.jpeg

Picked this up in the March auction to spread out shipping costs. Wasn't really a priority book for me but I've always loved the cover on this.

image_zps5ybf1qh6.jpeg

My February Comiclink win came in the mail this week. I had some reservations when I bid, but it presents really well in hand. I owned a really nice 9.0 about 10 years ago but was forced to sell it. These is a great replacement, hope this can be a keeper.

image_zpsu08h1p2m.jpeg

Picked this up in the March auction to spread out shipping costs. Wasn't really a priority book for me but I've always loved the cover on this.

image_zps5ybf1qh6.jpeg

Great books! :applause: