• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

favorite bronze horror stories/themes?

72 posts in this topic

Now I'm likely reading too much into it --BUT-- Anyone notice how the opening line to

story (HOM 178) was, "Be careful crossing the valley, Jamie." And Jamie Markus began his journey... Jamie... J_ _ _ _

1st thing that came to my mind was...

23 Psalm

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: For thou art with me..."

Now who was with Jamie and who's house was he led to (23 Psalm again), which later transformed into a canopy sealed bed (ark)? Was his dual a guardian angel through the flood or the opposite?

I would argue in the context of the aforementioned that it was the former.

Also notice the several references to a great flood (bed being the ark?).

Many biblical themes in this story.

Oddly we are left to wonder about the signature hooves leaving the scene; with another mythical figure later appearing in HO (Pan as Sterling mentioned). I would argue that it was a beast that tried to enter the protected chamber and was turned away by greater powers residing within.

Also, the guardian/dual argued that Jamie must leave and that it was out of his hands (i.e. the greater power and the light comes into play). Jamie's refusal to leave parallels J Campbell's refusal of the call, for anyone familiar with the hero's journey or hero has a thousand faces.

I'll try to find another great story, but I"m still waiting for someone to post a unique theme that hasn't been mimicked somewhere along the bronze time line. I doubt one of us couldn't find an alternate representation of any of the themes, but the story we are discussing comes close.

Wow! Another great perspective...very nice! :applause:

I am not sure how many copy write rules I am breaking but I keep reading these when I travel and can't wait to share them!

By the way, why does Wrightson always draw spittle in people's mouths when they are open? I'll post a scan later of what I mean if you don't remember.

By the way, why does Wrightson always draw spittle in people's mouths when they are open? I'll post a scan later of what I mean if you don't remember.

I always thought of it as edvidence of Ghastly being his biggest influence, or at least homage. (shrug)

I am not sure how many copy write rules I am breaking but I keep reading these when I travel and can't wait to share them!

I believe I heard that if you own the copy you've scanned, and haven't posted it in it's entirety, you have certain rights a copy owner. Not sure if it's true or not, but it makes me feel better about it ;):whistle:.

Thanks for posting wonderful stories well remembered.

Ok , not sure where to ask this but, could someone give me a list of all the marvel Legion of Monster appearances? I know the 75 mag was the first and marvel premiere was second (I believe) and marvel prieview 8 (which I have ) is one as well but don't know what else