• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comgeek on Ebay

238 posts in this topic

I have also done some business with Steve, and for the most part, my business with him has been straightforward and fairly straight up.

Sometimes life happens and stuff doesn't get shipped all that quickly, and I can tell you from a seller's standpoint that buyers sometimes are not that understanding. In this case, I would have definitely offered you a refund on some of the shipping though.

In the overall scheme of things, probably not that big of a deal as long as you get the book, but I do understand it can be frustrating.

Comgeek is an honest reliable dealer.

Honest is not a word I would use to describe him.

I meant "honest" in terms of me paying money, getting my books quickly, and getting a refund when I had to return some items the post office damaged.

But yes, I did find some of the books a bit overgraded, if that is the reason you are slamming him here.

I have also done some business with Steve, and for the most part, my business with him has been straightforward and fairly straight up.

Sometimes life happens and stuff doesn't get shipped all that quickly, and I can tell you from a seller's standpoint that buyers sometimes are not that understanding. In this case, I would have definitely offered you a refund on some of the shipping though.

In the overall scheme of things, probably not that big of a deal as long as you get the book, but I do understand it can be frustrating.

I understand. I just would have liked a reply to one of the messages, the whole courtesy thing.

On the other hand Dale, you are a dealer I plan on checking on at every convention. That Detective you sold me made the whole day for me :cloud9:

For anyone who hasnt dealt with Dale, the guy is a 100% class act (worship)

I never want to pay a premium for fast shipping for an old book that's just going to sit in my filing cabinet apreciating (hopefully)

As long as it arrives within the dispute resolution period I'm happy

19 days is no time to panic unless he hasn't commuicated anything like it sounds like

In that case he's a fool who needs a wakeup call and I would escalate the issue a bit for sure and nail him in the feedback for poor/no communication regardless as to when it shows up at this point

I bought a few books from him in the past. They arrived quickly enough, but packed like and damaged. I emailed him about it and he was a .

Whoo, I feel much better now meh

Some interesting feedback here. But I still have had no reply from the seller.

Comgeek seems to be an alright guy...I've had some email conversations with him a couple of years back and he seemed personable...

I find that he tends to overgrade slightly on the HG raw books and he's not the greatest at packaging CGC books since he uses used packaging and doesn't put enough filler in to adequetly protect against damage...

This may have changed since I last purchased from him but I don't know as I've stopped bidding on his stuff...

2c

I understand. I just would have liked a reply to one of the messages, the whole courtesy thing.

On the other hand Dale, you are a dealer I plan on checking on at every convention. That Detective you sold me made the whole day for me :cloud9:

For anyone who hasnt dealt with Dale, the guy is a 100% class act (worship)

Thanks, I really appreciate the business.

Hopefully Steve will get in touch with you in a couple of days or even better, the book will just show up and then you won't have to worry too much about it.

I have known Steve for many years. It does not sound like they way he does business. As Brian stated, he has not been feeling well.

I have just left him a message to call me. That might help if your book has not already shipped.

I believe you will either get your book or your $ back. Don't stress too much.

It's been 19 days. Take a deep breath & relax. :foryou:

(worship)

Taking the priority out of priority shipping (worship)

The guy is obviously signing onto ebay if auctions are ending in a few days. So not replying to messages, and listing books is somehow admirable?

No one is saying it's admirable, but it might just be an honest mistake. Nobody's perfect. The main point was for you to just take a chill pill.

Lauterbach is a controversial figure on these boards, but he's not a crook or conman. I've bought lots of books from him in the past, as have others that have joined in this thread, and the transactions have all gone smoothly. When a book that I bought from him came back as a PLOD (color touch) from CGC a couple of years later, he still gave me a refund with no problems.

I've done about six deals a year with him on eBay during the past few years. Some stuff gets here immediately, some stuff takes some time - maybe the guy has a life :shrug:

I just got a package from him last week, for an eBay auction that as near as I can tell he got hosed on (HG Adams Tomahawk). I also picked up a Hulk 158 in NM from him earlier this year - tough book to find in grade.

There are a lot of good dealers here and on eBay that vary in ship times - the secret to a longer life may be having some patience and not letting little things sweat you so much. :whistle:

I bought a few books from him in the past. They arrived quickly enough, but packed like and damaged. I emailed him about it and he was a .

Chill out, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. You've gotten enough feedback from reputable people telling you that he isn't going to swindle you. Mr. Borock even called him.

Be cool. ;)

Chill out, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. You've gotten enough feedback from reputable people telling you that he isn't going to swindle you. Mr. Borock even called him.

Be cool. ;)

:sumo:

Damned by faint praise, it sounds like? hm

I am sure we all have stories we could tell :)

I know I do . . . :P

I know I do . . . :P

I was trying to stay on topic about actual shipment of the auction items, not whether they were accurately described. Everyone must take the accuracy of the description into account with their bids.......,

I did not put emphasis on those words. If you have a point to make, have the balls to step up and say it yourself.

I bought a raw book from him that he took forever to ship. It was listed as a 9.2 and I wouldn't call it better than fine. I have met him at Comic-Com buying ultra HG books, so I expect he knows how to grade....