• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comgeek on Ebay

238 posts in this topic

I buy a lot of books on eBay but do not buy from him. I purchased a book several years ago and waited for delivery. After 3-4 weeks of waiting I emailed him. He said he would check on it. After a week I emailed him again and he went off on me telling me to just be patient. I let it rest for another couple of weeks and still no delivery. Then the ultimate occurred.......He listed it on eBay again. I emailed him and asked him how he could list a book that was already sold to me. Looking past the tirade of curse words, he said that he had checked on the book and the post office said that it had been shipped and that no one had claimed it on my end. (You would think he would email me and offer me my money back at that time or try another attempt before listing it again). He did eventually refund my money but the tone of voice and language coming through the emails convinced me to avoid any other purchases from him. Sometimes when I run into an unpleasant situation like this it makes me wonder why I am collecting....... :(

Sometimes when I run into an unpleasant situation like this it makes me wonder why I am collecting....... :(

I suspect, like the rest of us, you're really only into it for the abuse...., :cool:

Sometimes when I run into an unpleasant situation like this it makes me wonder why I am collecting....... :(

I suspect, like the rest of us, you're really only into it for the abuse...., :cool:

“It is within the experience of everyone that when pleasure and pain reach a certain intensity they are indistinguishable”

I have also done some business with Steve, and for the most part, my business with him has been straightforward and fairly straight up.

Damned by faint praise, it sounds like? hm

I did not put emphasis on those words. If you have a point to make, have the balls to step up and say it yourself.

Dale, I did indeed place the emphasis on your words...words that sounded like they were carefully chosen.

I had no point to make of my own, I was simply musing about your use of words that produced a somewhat vague and half-hearted endorsement, and whether it was deliberate and indicated anything.

And as for your obnoxious tone and comment about me lacking balls...you can shove it up your arse. (thumbs u

I have also done some business with Steve, and for the most part, my business with him has been straightforward and fairly straight up.

Damned by faint praise, it sounds like? hm

I did not put emphasis on those words. If you have a point to make, have the balls to step up and say it yourself.

Dale, I did indeed place the emphasis on your words...words that sounded like they were carefully chosen.

I had no point to make of my own, I was simply musing about your use of words that produced a somewhat vague and half-hearted endorsement, and whether it was deliberate and indicated anything.

And as for your obnoxious tone and comment about me lacking balls...you can shove it up your arse. (thumbs u

NERD FIGHT! :popcorn:

Neither of them are nerdy.

From Websters...

Pronunciation: \ˈnərd\

Function: noun

Etymology: perhaps from nerd, a creature in the children's book If I Ran the Zoo (1950) by Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)

Date: 1951

: an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person ; especially : one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits

: anyone that buys, sells, or collects comic books

Sorry to burst your bubble, nerd. :baiting:

From Websters...

Etymology: perhaps from nerd, a creature in the children's book If I Ran the Zoo (1950) by Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)

: an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person ; especially : one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits

No problem, DickX. (thumbs u

From Websters...

No problem, DickX. (thumbs u

:acclaim:

I am sorry to hear that Steve may be ill and I only wish him a healthy and full recovery.

That said, I no longer choose to do business with Steve, and I say that having transacted nearly $200,000 in sales/purchases with him. He sold me my More Fun #52, and although I ultimately was pleased to receive the book, I lost complete faith in his honesty and professionalism.

I purchased the book from him as a CGC 5.5. Turns out he had purposefully hidden the book's past from everyone. It had been a CGC 6.5 restored. While I have absolutely no problems with the removal of restoration, it was the process that was undertaken that caused me to take offense. The book IS the Rockford pedigree copy (and the Nic Cage copy, though who cares). The pedigree designation was deliberately left off the resubmitted book in order to "launder" and disguise it from its former self, obviously in order to minimize or eliminate any potential stigma due to the restoration removal. It was a perfect example of how GREED is ruining this hobby. This book was part of a well-known pedigree and that history was being destroyed so that Steve could ensure he made some extra $$$$.

I found out the full details of what transpired as time went by and this, and other issues, led me to personally decide to cease any further business with Steve notwithstanding the fact that I could have profited from the relationship. Fortunately, CGC properly redesignated the book.

If people are not going to have principles in this hobby and be willing to stand up for what they believe in, then the community is really only about the money. And I am not willing to yet concede that is the case.

Update.

I received the book today. It was shipped after my last email to him through Ebay stating if the book had not arrived by wednesday afternoon that I would file dispute with Ebay for a refund. I never had any contact with the seller, which OBVIOUSLY would have avoided any of this. Now what are the votes for feedback left?

And the book arrived safe, so that makes me happy. Everything else regarding this transaction has left me very unhappy with the ordeal. And I am glad I got to learn what I have about the seller.

Update.

I received the book today. It was shipped after my last email to him through Ebay stating if the book had not arrived by wednesday afternoon that I would file dispute with Ebay for a refund. I never had any contact with the seller, which OBVIOUSLY would have avoided any of this. Now what are the votes for feedback left?

And the book arrived safe, so that makes me happy. Everything else regarding this transaction has left me very unhappy with the ordeal. And I am glad I got to learn what I have about the seller.

I would leave neutral and then hit him with low or no stars in Communication & Shipping time.

Update.

I would leave a neutral feedback with an explanation "Book arrived safe but very late. Paid for prority mail but took several weeks to arrive. never responded to an emails." (thumbs u