• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Link November Auctions-Post Your Winners

345 posts in this topic

Hey,

This months comic-link focused auctions are very good books, so I hope alot of us went all out and bought some of these great books.

The Rocky Mountain books are simply stunning and the Fantastics Fours will be ending today and X-men on Thursday.

So it would be great for any of you guys to post pictures of what you won and maybe comment on what you lossed.

John

I thought I was going to lose this one because I was already at GPA on my bid and I was sure with the black cover and the WP that I was going to lose this one, but I guess I got lucky. ^^

RAD731F520081020_112159.jpg

I sat out this auction as well. I'm not quite as wowed by the Rocky Mountain books... while very nice, if you compare the copies to the lower grade copies that are often listed in the same auction, you notice that the colors, gloss and richness of the book is actually better on the lower grade books.

While many Rocky Mountains may sport a 9.4 or 9.6, they're really not as nice eye appeal wise as you might think.

This was really the only book I really wanted from this auction, but someone wanted to pay above GPA for it, which makes me go on TILT! :frustrated:

RAD5BF082008613_124253.jpg

I sat out this auction as well. I'm not quite as wowed by the Rocky Mountain books... while very nice, if you compare the copies to the lower grade copies that are often listed in the same auction, you notice that the colors, gloss and richness of the book is actually better on the lower grade books.

While many Rocky Mountains may sport a 9.4 or 9.6, they're really not as nice eye appeal wise as you might think.

Really? (shrug)

They look great from my computer.

Really? (shrug)

They look great from my computer.

When there are multiple copies listed, look at the Rocky Mountain and compare the color strike of the books between them. I think you'll find the Rocky Mountains are nice, but really not that deep and rich. Frankly, I'd rather have nice color strike and a spine tick or two.

Only looking at 1 book and it ends tonight. I do have a backup copy on another site if I fail to get it at a price I would be happy with.

:wishluck:

The end prices on the Avengers books were all over the map - especially some of the Fire Lake collection. Some of those Fire Lake 9.6ers went for crazy money, and others were very reasonable.

The Fire Lake #74, 78 and 79 in 9.6 went for less than $500 each, yet the Fire Lake #82 and 83 went for $1900 and $1800 respectively. (shrug)

And how about the Avengers #5 in 9.6: $10,750! :o

Here's one that I picked up. Everyone was focusing on those 9.6ers, so the lowly 9.4s were relative bargains!

Avengers38_94.jpg

I got shut out on the 3 ASMs I bid on... :tonofbricks:

two, the 22 9.2 and the 49 I was sniped with like 10-seconds left...once again the $100 underbidder...woke up this morning though and glad I didn't win the 49 and pay a grand for it... :insane:

The 18 9.4 that went for $2350 or so was a steal and a very nice book...I picked up on that about a minute or two late (thanks to Murph!) but couldn't get a bid in...

Maybe I'll try for an FF or 2 tonite...