• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's a twilight copy and a D pedigree?

82 posts in this topic

I've got to disagree with you PedigreeMan. I owned the Allentown Copy of Detective Comics #29 for a few years. It may be the best comic I've ever seen! CGC gave it a 9.6 with OW/W pages! I actually thought it was a NM/M 9.8, but hey, it was incredible either way. I'll post a scan of it sometime.

Timely

I've got to disagree with you PedigreeMan. I owned the Allentown Copy of Detective Comics #29 for a few years. It may be the best comic I've ever seen! CGC gave it a 9.6 with OW/W pages! I actually thought it was a NM/M 9.8, but hey, it was incredible either way. I'll post a scan of it sometime.

sign-rantpost.gif Ya see, you're one of those damn BSDs I'm talking about here! wink.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifstooges.gif

893whatthe.gif Timely,you are the man!!! You have had some incredible books in your collection,I love to see some of your recent books also posted sometime.show us what you have,again I'm in " awe"! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Found this in a search and thought it was an interesting read in light of what we now know of the "D" pedigree...

Good bump, 'Poth.

I think pedigreeman needs to eat a little crow for agreeing that no child could have written the code! 27_laughing.gif

Let's see how this looks ....

331587-Okajima%20Cert.jpg

Anyone have a scan of the Sub-Mariner Comics #32 from the Okajima collection? Use to be on Arch Angels site a few years back but it was removed. Better yet does anyone know who owns it because I would be interested in trading up my 5.5 copy + cash. tongue.gif

Let's see how this looks ....

331587-Okajima%20Cert.jpg

Anyone have a scan of the Sub-Mariner Comics #32 from the Okajima collection? Use to be on Arch Angels site a few years back but it was removed. Better yet does anyone know who owns it because I would be interested in trading up my 5.5 copy + cash. tongue.gif

Here's a scan of the photocopy I made. It was later used to create the certificate. Sadly there is no certificate for the Subby.

Subby32okajima.jpg

Personally I love Golden Age books with stamps and writing, as long as it is not defacing. Many times I'll buy a very nice book and months to years later I'll see the same writing on another book, so I know it's from the same collection. Being a Pedigree collector for many years I expect and actually want writing/coding on the book to authenticate it's originality.

Funny thing, about 4 years ago I was selling some Mile Highs and the collector was more interested in the books WITH the writing (code) and had less interest in the ones with no writing. 893whatthe.gif

I know the Silver Age guys want no part in dates, stamps or writing in any form. I would never not buy a book due to that, I think it's going a little to far, but that's just me.

Timely

I am the same way. I much prefer coded MH's than ones without the code.

Count me among those that don't mind dates, stamps and codes on GA books, especially if the markings help provide provenance information. On one of the Crippen threads not long ago, a couple of Four Color were posted with both the Crippen code inside and arrival dates on the covers. With that info it could be seen that Crippen bought a couple dozen books in a two week period. I think that kind of info is very cool. To me the provenance of a pedrigree is as much a part of the appeal as condition.

I'm curious to see what people think about the early Dell/Western Publishing file copies with the large stamps on the front cover. When I first picked one up I have to admit it bothered me a little, but then it started to grow on me and now I have several. To me the historical imterest it adds outweighs the detraction from the eye appeal, but I imagine some of you would be horrified by something like this:

funnies35ja9.jpg

Count me among those that don't mind dates, stamps and codes on GA books, especially if the markings help provide provenance information. On one of the Crippen threads not long ago, a couple of Four Color were posted with both the Crippen code inside and arrival dates on the covers. With that info it could be seen that Crippen bought a couple dozen books in a two week period. I think that kind of info is very cool. To me the provenance of a pedrigree is as much a part of the appeal as condition.

I'm curious to see what people think about the early Dell/Western Publishing file copies with the large stamps on the front cover. When I first picked one up I have to admit it bothered me a little, but then it started to grow on me and now I have several. To me the historical imterest it adds outweighs the detraction from the eye appeal, but I imagine some of you would be horrified by something like this:

funnies35ja9.jpg

Big stamps like that worry me only if they are from stores,etc, applied later. I had some Court Case Actions once and they had evidence stamps on them. Loved it!