• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee: Talk About Excellent Customer Service!

35 posts in this topic

I enquired about 3 MTU's he had in his catalog and ended up only paying for one since he replied stating that he only had one of the three I was interested in. I then paid for the book and when I get home, I received this email:

"Hello

I did nave the other 2 marvel team ups so I will send all 3 out. Judy

forgot that i take some cheaper marvels to the shows and I had them with me.

Best Regards

Harley

harleycomx@aol.com" cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Thanks for the upbeat note on this day of Thanks Ricky!! thumbsup2.gif It's nice to hear positive stuff regarding our hobby in light of all the criticism that gets spewed around here regarding "...some insufficiently_thoughtful_person paid $xx for this book..." and "...this is a NM?...", "...the reaper will come calling for this seller fleecing the sheep...", and "...the comic book hobby is doomed...", etc.,.

(Also, wanted to let you know I may have a line on 2 of those MTU Annuals you're looking for...maybe one or two more...stay tuned!)

Thanks for the upbeat note on this day of Thanks Ricky!! thumbsup2.gif It's nice to hear positive stuff regarding our hobby in light of all the criticism that gets spewed around here regarding "...some insufficiently_thoughtful_person paid $xx for this book..." and "...this is a NM?...", "...the reaper will come calling for this seller fleecing the sheep...", and "...the comic book hobby is doomed...", etc.,.

(Also, wanted to let you know I may have a line on 2 of those MTU Annuals you're looking for...maybe one or two more...stay tuned!)

That would be sweet! I am alost done and have you to thank for about 80% of my MTU and MTIO collection! cloud9.gif

Update on this. I received the books which were all overgraded, with a few being severely overgraded. I sent them all back for a refund in the middle of December and as of today (2/13/04) have not received one penny from this guy. I have sent numerous emails and have received one generic response:

Dated: January 20, 2004

"Hi,

Harley has been out of town but should be back tomorrow. I will see that he

gets your message.

Judy"

A few days later I receive a call from Harley. He stated that he would get on it and process my return... a month goes by nothing 893censored-thumb.gif

WTF is up with these people? It has been 3 [!@#%^&^] months! mad.gif

Update on this. I received the books which were all overgraded, with a few being severely overgraded. I sent them all back for a refund in the middle of December and as of today (2/13/04) have not received one penny from this guy. I have sent numerous emails and have received one generic response:

Dated: January 20, 2004

"Hi,

Harley has been out of town but should be back tomorrow. I will see that he

gets your message.

Judy"

A few days later I receive a call from Harley. He stated that he would get on it and process my return... a month goes by nothing 893censored-thumb.gif

WTF is up with these people? It has been 3 [!@#%^&^] months! mad.gif

In all honesty, Harley is pretty great if you deal with him at a show (a little pricey sometimes, but hey.. who hasnt overpaid for something they really wanted?) but after all the horror stories I've read about people who buy from him direct, I wouldn't send the guy any of my $$ up front unless I had the book in my hands.

Live and learn I guess..

I have done business with him many times on his CGC material and this experience has truly shocked me. If he doesn't give me a response soon or my money asap, I will make sure I see him at the next show here in LA and demand my money. It is not much money, but the customer service I have received has been the worst I have ever received and I just want it back based on principle.

It is not much money, but the customer service I have received has been the worst I have ever received and I just want it back based on principle.

Well I think Harley's wonderful and one of the warmest sincerest guys I've ever met. And a true friend. And the most reliable dealer ever, at least as far as I'm concerned. Never ever one wrong word.

Ricky,

I guess even a good dealer like Harley has his lapses in customer service.

Yes, 3-months is just way too long. He's normally is a very nice dealer that sends his books out on time and gives refunds quickly. I wonder what the mix-up is all about? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I've always had great experiences dealing with Harley.

Man, what a shame he's putting you thru this refund hassle.

My experience with Harley during the 1990's is that he would UNDERGRADE books. Sounds great, right? THINK AGAIN! Here's why: he takes a VG book and grades it G, but the rub is he would price it at VG. OK, so you buy the VG book at a VG price, but he was calling it a G. No harm, no foul, right? WRONG! Because Harley reported his sales to Overstreet during the 90's (no idea about now or how he runs his show now). Why is this an issue? BECAUSE THIS EVENTUALLY DRIVES UP PRICES FOR COLLECTORS UNFAIRLY! Think about it: Harley reported the sale of a G book to Overstreet at a VG price, people! Does everyone understand what I'm saying? It's a long running dirty little secret of the comic hobby that some dealers operate this way...

Dealers overinflate report sales to drive up the price of comic book 893whatthe.gif

4_11_4.gif your putting me on ur kidding Never, no way that ever happens in a hobby with the pristine morals of this one, no way they ever do that, they never have the time to do that, as they are too busy pressing out 9.2s and making them 9.6s devil.gif

Thanks, jbud. I look forward to a full acronymn list in the morning makepoint.gif

Here are some more:

HOS = House of Secrets

HOM = House of Mystery

TTA = Tales to Astonish

TOS = Tales of Suspense

PPTSM = Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man

SVTU = Super Villain Team-Up

SOTI = Seduction of the Innocent

MK = MajorKhaos

JC = Joe Collector

AK = Andrew Knight (aka Captains of Industry)

OMGNAFH181T = Oh my god, not another *dirty word* Hulk 181 thread!