• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- advice on getting a vintage car vs. new

50 posts in this topic

I would say a new challenger(big money though) or charger. At least the stealer can service it and you won't have to worry about anything but the bills. Rear wheel drives though so snow may be a problem.

I wouldn't do newer VW's, too many issues.

If you are older, Mercedes is an old people car.

BMW's are for younger people (I love ours).

Whatever you go to buy if it is newer, pay for the consumer reports one month fee and DO YOUR RESEARCH. It saved me from buying certain used cars that were (like the VW's above). Some years are better than others and they will tell you which ones.

I would say a new challenger(big money though) or charger. At least the stealer can service it and you won't have to worry about anything but the bills. Rear wheel drives though so snow may be a problem.

Whatever you go to buy if it is newer, pay for the consumer reports one month fee and DO YOUR RESEARCH. It saved me from buying certain used cars that were (like the VW's above). Some years are better than others and they will tell you which ones.

I disagree with almost everything here.

:baiting:

That depends if they're still in business next month.

hm

Yup...same here.

I was a service consultant at a VW dealer here for 4 years and the cars are darn good...as lomg as you maintain them.

BTW Roy, this is my 4th Scirocco... :cloud9:

Here's a vintage car for sale... :applause:

bat2.jpg

battybrother_edited-1-1.jpg

The ORIGINAL Batmobile was sold to George Barris for one dollar from Ford Motor Company with the express written instructions that it can NOT be sold, so it will go into the Simthsoneon Museum when he dies.

There are 5 replicas have been made in the world. The one pictured above is street legal and Hauls a-s-s!!!

This will be going up for sale soon, I am brokering the deal, PM me if you are interested. The last replica sold for $217,000. :takeit:

Wow, maybe you canucks got the better versions of cars then. Don't take my word for it. Check out the consumer reports, I never buy a new car and everything reported there, I have generally found true on older cars I have bought. The crappy cars listed there could be had pretty reasonable.

Of course there are exceptions to everything. I put all my cars to 250k miles, even the old pontiac and jeep. Maintenance is the key but I sure hate when a factory installed part dies at 30K miles.

Oh, and I currently drive a Honda, the wife drives the BMW.

I just bought misubishi Lancer for my daughter. Here's what sold me...

1. They were willing to deal. Unlike Honda

2. 5 year 50 k bumper to bumper. More on the powertrain.

3. Sporty looking, not everyone has them.

4. GTS model is slightly cheaper than the mini. Comes with nice rims, bluetooth, sunroof. Looks good for a male or female driver... Rust color that is popular now.

5. Gave me a low interest rate, and a good deal on my trade.

112_0703_02z+2008_mitsubishi_lancer_gts+rear.jpg