• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it has come time to EXCOMMUNICATE a couple PREACHER pages

25 posts in this topic

When you first put them up there was three that I thought were great examples, one in particular, all still there....if I didn't concentrate on Fables art and so much being recently available.......

Some good stuff still for the taking.....

Good luck with the sales.

More or less than you expected?

I really had no idea how many I would sell, but I think I sold less than expected. But then some would argue my pricing was a tad aggressive. (shrug)

And I thought I made posts/bumps just under the line of annoyance and made it clear that the sale would end on Sunday, but I am still getting inquiries as late as this morning. Is two weeks too short of a time frame?

Perhaps it is an indicator that the PREACHER art market is softening and I'll be able to pick up a few pages in '09 to replace the ones I just parted with.

Well, those pieces are yours so you can be a "tad" aggressive if you want to be. I think 2 weeks may not to be too long but it could have also helped. Maybe it made people put in their orders who may have otherwise waited. It is tough to say.

Personally, I think the whole market for lower end pages is softening. I hope you don't take exception to me saying that but you did post that some of the pages we may remember won't be for sale. I am sure some prime pieces that weren't for sale would have gone for good money. I know I have made a "crazy" offer for a prime Preacher page recently and was turned down. The 2850 page was a great example (SOK getting socked by Cass) but the others that followed it on the bay weren't as steller. That is why 3 out of the subsequent 4 didn't even sell.

Either way good luck to everyone. The market shake-up is proving interesting!!! I can't wait to see how everything shakes out! :popcorn: