• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay scammer alert!

33 posts in this topic

I sold a Hulk #181 recently to a zero feedback bidder. The user ID is 248sector111 . I just had paypal account put on hold today. The buyer has claimed they never received the book. I sent it with delivery confirmation and printed the label from paypal so they have all of the information including that someone signed for it. I called paypal and eleavted it to a claim on my behalf so they would be responsible for investigating it.

I also got an e-mail from another e-bayer that sold him 248sector111 a Hulk 181 the day after they bought mine. He has filed a dispute agianst them as well.

So I look up bid history for 248sector111 and they also won a raw Hulk #181 9.6 from an ebay ID bobinbox1 . bobinbox1 doesn't have the greatest feedback rating so as I'm checking it out I notice he recently sold another Hulk #181 9.6 in October.

bobinbox also recently changed his ebay ID. his most recent ID is 248bobinbox .

It looks like we got someone that is not only buying slabbed Hulk #181's and not paying for them. He is probably cracking them out and selling them raw as NM+. And on top of that shill bidding them.

This thread went three pages back pretty quickly, so this is just a bump so more folks might see it.

Don't worry, you will get your money back.

Paypal came in and took $23.00 out of my account just because some yahoo's bank requested the money back. Even though this was 3 months after the sale and the person had left positive feedback saying how great the item was and how well it was packed.

Lesson learned by me...... Never ever throw away your delivery confirmation ticket, no matter how old it is. doh!

Miles he ALSO won and LEFT positive feedback for a Hulk #181 for THIS seller stefnguy . I would contact that guy and find out if there were any problems with that transaction. I know what a nightmare paypal transactions can be (I once had a "chargeback" 15 months after a transaction, years ago) so hopefully everything goes your way.

Miles he ALSO won and LEFT positive feedback for a Hulk #181 for THIS seller stefnguy . I would contact that guy and find out if there were any problems with that transaction. I know what a nightmare paypal transactions can be (I once had a "chargeback" 15 months after a transaction, years ago) so hopefully everything goes your way.

Stefnguy actually contacted me because the buyer (242sector111) pulled the same stunt with him as well, and tried to tell him the only Hulk #181 he received was from me and that he had not received the one sent by Stefnguy. Paypal just awarded Stefnguy his money back after he supplied the tracking information. I am optimistic it will go in my favor as well considering I sent mine with signature confirmation and printed the label through paypal. Stefnguy and myself have actually mutually contacted ebay and paypal hoping to have some action brought against this person. I'm sure it won't happen though.

Typical of swindlers, he isn't real bright. The guy used his ID 242sector111, which is attached to an e-mail bobinbox@ymail.com, to shill bid his auction listed under ID bobinbox.

:tonofbricks:

I sold a Hulk #181 recently to a zero feedback bidder. The user ID is 248sector111 . I just had paypal account put on hold today. The buyer has claimed they never received the book. I sent it with delivery confirmation and printed the label from paypal so they have all of the information including that someone signed for it. I called paypal and eleavted it to a claim on my behalf so they would be responsible for investigating it.

I also got an e-mail from another e-bayer that sold him 248sector111 a Hulk 181 the day after they bought mine. He has filed a dispute agianst them as well.

So I look up bid history for 248sector111 and they also won a raw Hulk #181 9.6 from an ebay ID bobinbox1 . bobinbox1 doesn't have the greatest feedback rating so as I'm checking it out I notice he recently sold another Hulk #181 9.6 in October.

bobinbox also recently changed his ebay ID. his most recent ID is 248bobinbox .

It looks like we got someone that is not only buying slabbed Hulk #181's and not paying for them. He is probably cracking them out and selling them raw as NM+. And on top of that shill bidding them.

Did he say he never got it or the box was empty....................

Like I said, he isn't to bright. he said it never arrived although someone at the residence signed for it.

The buyer has since e-mailed me and said that it arrived once the shipping information was produced. He still hasn't responded to paypal or closed the dispute. Probably because I told him I was on to his scams and discovered his shill.

One more day with no response and paypal gives my money back. I've also forwarded the e-mail form the buyer, admitting the book arrived, to paypal.