• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay scammer alert!

33 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd tack on this potential scammer in case someone decides to bid. Completely different person but hey, this is as a good a place as any.

The Avengers #4 looks to have water damage or waviness across the front upper cover, a stain at the top edge and some other wear that keep it out of VF as he claims. What makes me think that this auction is not well represented though is the fact that the top of the back cover looks to have slight indents from a previous CGC holder.

If you are planning on bidding, be vewy vewy careful.

LINK

This thread went three pages back pretty quickly, so this is just a bump so more folks might see it.

Jeeze MC - it is still page one for me. If you have a decent connection, hit your Preferences and increase both the Total Topics and Total Posts.

Just thought I'd tack on this potential scammer in case someone decides to bid. Completely different person but hey, this is as a good a place as any.

The Avengers #4 looks to have water damage or waviness across the front upper cover, a stain at the top edge and some other wear that keep it out of VF as he claims. What makes me think that this auction is not well represented though is the fact that the top of the back cover looks to have slight indents from a previous CGC holder.

LINK

I was wondering about this myself and asked him question about the book and this is what he/she said:

i purchased comics at a auction,almost a year back.at the time i thought i spent alot for the box ,my son assured me it was a great deal thats really all i knew at the time.then i started selling,amazing questions ,like this one i see what your talking about ,im holding the comic and looking at it under a light with my sons help

and just cant see any color touch,i want to say no,but i cant gaurentee it,just wouldnt know,...thnx for looking... becky

I think this came back as restore or a really low grade and he cracked it and is now trying to sale it as VF.

LINK

I love this "LARGE SCANS U- GRADE", an all in one, do it yourself, grading smorg.

This thread went three pages back pretty quickly, so this is just a bump so more folks might see it.

Jeeze MC - it is still page one for me. If you have a decent connection, hit your Preferences and increase both the Total Topics and Total Posts.

Thanks for the input. I am aware that the preferences can be changed, but I am sure many people are not aware, or don't bother to change them. Especially people just lurking. The goal is to make people aware of these types of characters when ever possible.

Thanks for the input. I am aware that the preferences can be changed, but I am sure many people are not aware, or don't bother to change them. Especially people just lurking. The goal is to make people aware of these types of characters when ever possible.

I agree Mike. Whenever possible, people should be made aware that there are these types of

characters who are not aware or don't bother to change their preferences. :baiting:

I agree Mike. Whenever possible, people should be made aware that there are these types of

characters who are not aware or don't bother to change their preferences. :baiting:

Ambiguous Antecedent Hell :frustrated:

Ambiguous Antecedent Hell :frustrated:

69459.jpg.6d28372980e6653fb311fb32f286221e.jpg

What makes me think that this auction is not well represented though is the fact that the top of the back cover looks to have slight indents from a previous CGC holder.

doh!

That's exactly what it looks like.

LINK

I love this "LARGE SCANS U- GRADE", an all in one, do it yourself, grading smorg.

A lot of eBay sellers are starting to do this. They won't take any responsibility for the condition of the book now. :pullhair:

I understand not wanting to get dinged in ratings, but when pictures are hardly enough to go on with, there needs to be a good ballpark to place the stupid book in.