• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG Grading Platinum/Golden Age?

8 posts in this topic

Here's a 1935 Whitman Donald Duck graded/slabbed by CGG...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2206689010&category=65

...why go to CGG for this?

- even *more* forgiving on older books?

- odd format wouldn't fit in CGC holder?

- lower price? (It's a $1,000 book, so that doesn't make sense)

I've noticed that too. This seller exclusively lists CGG books. I don't think I've ever seen a CGC out of him.

On another note, his user name has a uncanny similarity to an obvious shill account 'tdcollectibles89', which in turn is a pseudonym for 'comicsparadise'. He'd have to have something pretty good before I offered a bid.

Garthgantu,

Thanks for the alert. His shill account is also listing several valuable books right now (including one description which is wrong and deceptive). I've warned all my friends (one of them had a 4-figure bid) to watch out. Would have given you 5 stars if I hadn't already.

h

Very interesting....I wonder how much of a premium CGC carrys over an equal grade CGG book?

I think it will be nice with CGC starts grading oversize books like Superman Vs Muhammad Ali, etc....also the Alex Ross books...I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually.