• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK 162 test your grading skills

61 posts in this topic

Here's what I see in the scan:3_2_107.gif

• Top and bottom right corners are slightly rounded
  • Top and botom left corners are slightly impacted
  • There are at least 3 minor spine breaks

If anyone wants to take

"8.0"

.......I'll give you 2 to 1 odds. 4_7_9.gif

Any takers?

I want to know the grade too.

Hulk 162 is one of the 27 books I'm sending in next week.

Mine is a little nicer, and if he got a 9.2 then mine is 9.4 for sure! thumbsup2.gif

Ok, I figured this one out. Smitty registered on 12/25/02 after lurking for 2 years. Since, he's posted at an average rate of about 3.27 posts a month. Because his last post was made on November 27, we have 9 days to wait for the next one. So....I am thinking the grade will be known to all around 2:30 in the morning on December 4/03. grin.gif

Or maybe he's gonna wait until Christmas in celebration of his one year anniversary? frown.gif

Sorry for the delay, here it is. http://auction1.inetu.net/member/smitty181/Hulk162.jpg

really some nice books for the way they were stored. others include

ironfist 14 9.2

marvel premiere 15 9.2

x-men 94 8.5

amazing spiderman 40,55 8.0

x-men 101 9.2

still sending them in.

This was a good fine. The guy had complete runs on most marvel titles

x-men 1-200 ,avengers 1-120, early hulks & 102-200, fantastic four 5-150, jim into mystery 83-200 and I was the first to buy from him.

Here was my first guess (afterwards I lowered my guess to a 9.2/9.4) - send me my prize!! acclaim.gif

Nice book - looks like there is a tiny stress line on spine and the upper left corner is rounded a tad, so I'll guess either 9.4 or 9.6.

That is stunning, just stunning. I guess I'll eat some crow, but there is NO WAY I thought that book would get a 9.6. I said 9.0 on a good day. FOUR blunted corners gets you a 9.6? Holy [!@#%^&^]. I've got some books to send in RIGHT NOW.

That is stunning, just stunning. I guess I'll eat some crow, but there is NO WAY I thought that book would get a 9.6. I said 9.0 on a good day. FOUR blunted corners gets you a 9.6? Holy [!@#%^&^]. I've got some books to send in RIGHT NOW.

As we all know, it depends on the book and the era. Try that with a Modern and it would come back 8.0, but that was a 20-cent issue and not a Silver..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Could you list the defects that would garner that book an 8.0?

P.S., unless I'm missing something glaring, I'd go 9.0 with a chance at 9.2.

I said VF to VF+ and you said VF/NM to NM-, so I'm a mook and a hater ?

Smitty, it sounded like you just got this book back, why the old label?? 893blahblah.gif

Actually, I was responding to those who picked 8.0, and if you read further, I picked 9.2 as my final choice, rather than a range.

No one's right or wrong (it's CGC"s call after all) but I was just surprised anyone went lower than 9.0 on that book. I'm also surprised the book got a 9.6, but that's another story.

Could you list the defects that would garner that book an 8.0?

P.S., unless I'm missing something glaring, I'd go 9.0 with a chance at 9.2.

Smitty, it sounded like you just got this book back, why the old label?? 893blahblah.gif

Excellent. "Mook" makes its triumphant return...