• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How tough to find are early Archie titles like Archies X-mas Stockings?

8 posts in this topic

In the Spirit of the Season, I put up on Ebay Archie's Christmas stockings 1-6 and there appears to be very little interest in them. Are they hard books to sell or are they tough books to find?

hm(shrug)

if you are the seller flannery, It's just the pricing, and no offense intended. I sold a #2 last year in similar shape in an open auction and it went for $32. They will sell, but not near guide.

Oh, I bought that one! And very happy I was with my purchase, too. Xmas Stocking 1 is continually available on ebay, but almost always in 3.0 or less, and sadly always above what I feel willing to pay for a gap-filler. A dealer had a slabbed 6.5 copy at the start of the year, but didn't even respond to my request for a price, and a couple of months later the book was gone. Zany.

Stockings 5 and 6 were part of the ink-splattered warehouse find of a few years ago that first introduced me to Archie - I have three copies of #6. 2, 3 and 4 should do a little better percentage-wise, but as others have said, I think the guide does not reflect marketplace reality (hard to believe!) :acclaim: But that does work both ways, with early Peps being undervalued.

There are a few more Christmas Stockings that many people forget about, the first three being Archie Giant Size 10, 15 and 20 - those I see far less frequently than the first six, so guide should be closer to the market. Maybe.

Did I hear the question "How do you fit early Archie's into X-Mas stockings?"

All you need to do is roll them up good and tight and shove them in. If they keep unrolling, just wrap some tape around the roll a few times. Scotch tape will work, but duct tape does even better.

;)