• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Do you add all your slabs to the Registry?

Do you add all your CGC books to the Registry?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Do you add all your CGC books to the Registry?

43 posts in this topic

Personally, I only use the Registry for my Spidey solo title collection. Which means about one-third of my slabs aren't included in my points total.

I was wondering how many others out there do the same thing...

Everything goes in, and I wish there was a way to record all the ones there are not slots for. I don't care so much about the points (probably just bitterness, because I will never have that many) but it would be nice to register them all in one place. If all the titles could be recorded and simply no points given until Gemma got around to them, if ever, I'd be thrilled.

Everything goes in, and I wish there was a way to record all the ones there are not slots for. I don't care so much about the points (probably just bitterness, because I will never have that many) but it would be nice to register them all in one place. If all the titles could be recorded and simply no points given until Gemma got around to them, if ever, I'd be thrilled.

A little trick I use, if there is no set available for my books, I add them to another set. The registry will tell you the book is invalid for the slot, but will add the book to your comics list and register the CGC Serial Number to you. Also, this makes it possible to just select the book when the set is created at a later date.

A little trick I use, if there is no set available for my books, I add them to another set. The registry will tell you the book is invalid for the slot, but will add the book to your comics list and register the CGC Serial Number to you. Also, this makes it possible to just select the book when the set is created at a later date.

This must drive Gemma crazy :insane:

YES! thanks for that tip. I figured if it was not valid they would discard it.

Great tip. Do you know if this alerts CGC/Gemma to a set that needs to be added? I know it must take ages to add every single set people want, but just wondered if this could be another way of highlighting sets that need to be added, as well as in the 'Sets To Be Added' thread.

Great tip. Do you know if this alerts CGC/Gemma to a set that needs to be added? I know it must take ages to add every single set people want, but just wondered if this could be another way of highlighting sets that need to be added, as well as in the 'Sets To Be Added' thread.

Nope, she's not aware of added books that don't fit in registry sets. We still have to request the creation of the set, unfortunately. Too bad it's a lot of work to add new sets to the registry. The upcoming new list must be a mile long by now.