• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man Bat #1...Am I missing something??

16 posts in this topic

Any reason for the interest in this comic. Not a lot of money, but way more than its worth...

(shrug) (shrug) The original series? I've always thought this was a dollar book. Not that it deserved its status as such-- I think this is the only example of Steve Ditko's art on Batman apart from a pinup or two here and there. hm

Any reason for the interest in this comic. Not a lot of money, but way more than its worth...

Riding the coat tails of Detective 400 ... hm

Yeah, but Tec #400 is an early bronze age book, has a lovely (dare I say classic?) Neal Adams cover, as well as Neal Adams inside art. And it is a nice round number, to boot. (collectors fall for these things - go figure.)

Man-Bat #1 came out five years later, has a pretty much average cover, and sports inside art by Steve Ditko, who isn't considered a classic Bat-artist and certainly wasn't at the peak of his career in the mid-70's. Granted, it's a #1, but still...

I also thought it was a mostly a $1-3 book and I have no reason to believe things have changed lately. I suppose a 9.8 could fetch a healthy sum since there are only two in the census hm

not a bad aparo cover

opg has it, somehow, at $20 in NM-. it's not a $20 book, but in decent shape I don't think it's a $1 book. donut obviously thinks a mid-grade copy with good eye appeal is worth $5 (plus $5 s/h)...which I would like to be about right.

now if i can only find my long box of these.....

Ten bucks shipped. Paypal cheerfully accepted.

manbat001.jpg

It never fails. A gross looking bad guy is always after the blonde beauty. Why?

(okay, I know why, just kidding) :jokealert:

You would think though, that these monster looking bad guys would be, oh, I don't know, maybe kidnapping a plastic surgeon, or robbing Fort Knox, or maybe even going after a woman that looked more like themselves looked.

Also, why is it that when Batman is up against a really tough opponent, he just doesn't use his cell phone (I assume he has one in his belt) to call up Superman and ask him to "pop" over for about 30 seconds and dispatch this "guy"? Is it pride. Would Batman endanger Gotham City's citizens because of his pride? I think not. Is Superman too busy? I think not. I only read about him doing something once or twice a week :insane:

But, I digress.