• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: BA (and some SA) Marvels -- lots, singles, HG, LG - UPDATED & PRICES REDUCED

94 posts in this topic

Okay...getting late for the ol' man here. Gimme another 20 minutes or so and I'll try to add a few more SA surprises...

In the meantime, feel free to bundle some of the lots together for a deeper discount. Try me!

...on second thought, that's it for tonight: crappy weather and cheap beer make Hulk sleepy.

Invoices will go out tomorrow or Tuesday, and I'll update the thread tomorrow night. In the meantime, PM offers for any/all remaining books will be cheerfully considered!

Thanks again!

-Mikey

A quick scan of ebay ungoing and completed auctions show the regular no diamond copies. That book alone is well worth the $8.00 and possibly more.

Thanks man! I never think of those "diamond" books as "variants" or whatever! This is probably my OO copy...got it at a Kresges or some such w/my cousin back in the late '70s...

Those Diamond copies from the 30-35 range are starting to get a real following. More and more people are going after them. The print runs where relatively low compared to the regular copies.

I like the diamond copies too. I generally only pick up the ones with the blank UPC though.

Captain Marvel #31: Bought from Bob Storms as a NM-, which is what I'm calling it now. Flat, clean, glossy, deep cover colors, o/w interior paper. VERY sharp copy, and one of the best covers of the Starlin run imho. I really love this book, and won't mind having two copies if it doesn't sell.

$45

cm31-nm-minus.jpg

That IS a sweet cover. Don't believe I've ever seen it!

I'll update the thread more formally later this evening, but here's a list of what's currently on hold:

FF 112

DD 66

X-Men Lots 1 and 2

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner 1

Incredible Hulk 102

Iron Man Lot

Hero for Hire 1

30-cent Variant Lot

Super-Villain Team-Up Lot

Still lots of good, cheap stuff left. Offers are encouraged!

Thanks!

-Mikey

Okay...here's what's still available, most at reduced prices.

-------------------------------------

Thor Lot: #213 (VG, tape on fc, cool Starlin cover); 231 (VG/F); 258 (VG).

$2.00

th_Thor213.jpg th_Thor231.jpg th_Thor258.jpg

Marvel Adventures Lot: Complete run -- cool SA Daredevil reprints! #1 (Fine); 2 (VG/Fine); 3 (Fine); 4 (VG); 5 (VG+); 6 (VF-).

$5.00

th_Marv-Adv1.jpg th_Marv-Adv2.jpg th_Marv-Adv3.jpg th_Marv-Adv4.jpg th_Marv-Adv5.jpg th_Marv-Adv6.jpg

Red Sonja #1 and She-Hulk #1: Both are VG or so. The Buscema art in the She-Hulk #1 is MUCH better than I remembered. Great stuff for the late BA.

$1.00

th_First-issues-Red-Sonja.jpg th_First-issues-She-Hulk.jpg

Marvel Licensed Lot:

• Godzilla #1 (Fine), 3 (Fine)

• Micronauts #1 (VF-), 28 (VG).

• Shogun Warriors #1 (VG/F), 2 (Fine-), 3 (Fine-)

$4.00

ON HOLD

th_Marv-lic-Godz1.jpg th_Marv-lic-Godz3.jpg th_Marv-lic-Micro1.jpg th_Marv-lic-Micro58.jpg th_Marv-lic-Shog1.jpg th_Marv-lic-Shog2.jpg th_Marv-lic-Shog3.jpg

Defenders Lot: #39, 40, 41, 64. G/VG readers. Freakiest '70s hero book...ever.

$2.00

th_Def39.jpg th_Def40.jpg th_Def41.jpg th_Def64.jpg

Marvel Premiere Lot: #3 (VG+, fantastic Barry Smith art!); #4 (VG+, Smith/Brunner!); #4 (2nd copy, G/VG).

$3.00

th_Marv-Prem3.jpg th_Marv-Prem4-a.jpg th_Marv-Prem4-b.jpg

Astonishing Tales Lot: #32, 33, 35. VG/VG+. Buckler was Marvel's Irv Novick...or something like that...

$1.50

th_Ast-Tales32.jpg th_Ast-Tales33.jpg th_Ast-Tales35.jpg

Marvel Horror/Monster Lot: All in the G - VG range. Great stories, great art, great reading!

Chamber of Darkness #8 (Wrightson cover)

Crypt of Shadows #10

Journey into Mystery #13

Supernatural Thrillers #1 (Steranko cover)

Where Monsters Dwell #12

$5.00

th_reprint-horror-COD8.jpg th_reprint-horror-COS10.jpg th_reprint-horror-JIM13.jpg th_reprint-horror-Sup-Thrill1.jpg th_reprint-horror-WMD12.jpg

Starlin Captain Marvel Lot: Like a lot of fans here on the Boards, this is probably my all-time favorite Marvel run from this period. Includes #29 (Fine-), #32 (Fine-), and #33 (VG+, slightly wavy).

$6.00

th_CapMarv29.jpg th_CapMarv32.jpg th_CapMarv33.jpg

Captain America Lot: Okay...I lied. This is probably my all-time favorite '70s Marvel run (Engelhart w/Buscema and the acquired taste of Frank Robbins!). Includes #166 (VG/F), 178 (G, value stamp clipped), 183a (VG+), 183b (VF), 186 (Fine), and 221 (VG, wavy).

$5.00

th_Cap166.jpg th_Cap178.jpg th_Cap1832.jpg th_Cap183.jpg th_Cap186.jpg th_Cap221.jpg

Pence Copies Lot: -- Includes the following:

Captain Marvel #25: First Starlin issue. Fine.

Daredevil #159: Miller! VF-.

$6.00

th_Pence-Cap-Marvel25-Fine.jpg th_Pence-DD159-VF-minus.jpg

Marvel Two-in-One Lot: #15, 24, 25, 53, 54, 55. Great story (and Byrne art) in 53-55! Reader's lot (G/VG), but the 54 is a VF.

$3.00

th_MTIO15.jpg th_MTIO24.jpg th_MTIO25.jpg th_MTIO53.jpg th_MTIO54.jpg th_MTIO55.jpg

Fantastic Four Lot: #164 (G), 198 (VG/F), 201 (VG), 213 (Fine), 214 (VG/F), 221 (G/VG), 228 (VG/F).

$3.50

th_FF164.jpg th_FF198.jpg th_FF201.jpg th_FF213.jpg th_FF214.jpg th_FF221.jpg th_FF228.jpg

Captain Marvel #31: Bought from Bob Storms as a NM-, which is what I'm calling it now. Flat, clean, glossy, deep cover colors, o/w interior paper. VERY sharp copy, and one of the best covers of the Starlin run imho. I really love this book, and won't mind having two copies if it doesn't sell.

$45

ON HOLD

th_cm31-nm-minus.jpg

Avengers Lot: Includes -- Annual 7 (Starlin! Thanos! Awesome!), 127, 144, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 161, 162, 163, 171, 174, 185, 186. Average grade is VG/VG+, with some nicer.

Great stories and art here...Perez, Byrne, and some later BA Kirby covers...the good stuff!

$10.00

th_Avengers-ANN7.jpg th_Avengers127.jpg th_Avengers144.jpg th_Avengers151.jpg th_Avengers152.jpg th_Avengers153.jpg th_Avengers154.jpg th_Avengers155.jpg th_Avengers161.jpg th_Avengers162.jpg th_Avengers163.jpg th_Avengers171.jpg th_Avengers174.jpg th_Avengers185.jpg th_Avengers186.jpg

Conan #1 (coverless but o/w complete) and Conan #37 (VG+, Adams cover and art!).

$3.00 for both.

th_Conan1-cvls.jpg th_Conan37-VG.jpg

Marvel Horror/Supernatural Lot: Reader's lot includes --

Fear #25 (G/VG)

Frankenstein Monster #18 (VG)

Marvel Chillers #2 and #7 (VG)

Son of Satan #1 (VG+)

Tomb of Dracula #37, 53, 58 (in the G/G+ range).

$4.00

th_horror-Fear25.jpg th_horror-Frank18.jpg th_horror-Marv-Chill2.jpg th_horror-Marv-Chill7.jpg th_horror-Son-Satan1.jpg th_horror-TOD37.jpg th_horror-TOD53.jpg th_horror-TOD58.jpg

Hulk Lot: Reader's lot includes -- Annual #7 (G/VG, writing on fc, GREAT Byrne art!), 239, 240, 242, 243 (all Fine or so).

$2.00

th_Hulk-ANN7.jpg th_Hulk239.jpg th_Hulk240.jpg th_Hulk242.jpg th_Hulk243.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #213: Classic Wolverine/Sabretooth battle with fantastic artwork by Alan Davis. VF/VF+.

$6.00

th_X-Men213-VF.jpg

Marvel Hero Reprint Lot: Way cool '70s SA reprints on the cheap. Includes the following, with many in the F/VF range or better --

Marvel's Greatest Comics #70

Marvel Super Action #4 (Timely/Atlas Marvel Boy reprint by Everett!), 5, 6.

Marvel Super Heroes #65, 84

Marvel Triple Action #4

Marvel Tales #202 (Byrne MTU reprint...great story w/Arcade!)

Tales to Astonish #2, 3 (two copies), 4, 5, 7 -- these are all nice VF to VF/NM newsstand copies.

$7.00

th_reprint-hero-MGC70.jpg th_reprint-hero-MSA4.jpg th_reprint-hero-MSA5.jpg th_reprint-hero-MSA6.jpg th_reprint-hero-MSH65.jpg th_reprint-hero-MSH84.jpg th_reprint-hero-MTA4.jpg th_reprint-hero-MTales202.jpg th_reprint-hero-TTA2.jpg th_reprint-hero-TTA32.jpg th_reprint-hero-TTA4.jpg th_reprint-hero-TTA5.jpg th_reprint-hero-TTA7.jpg

John Carter, Warlord of Mars Lot: #1, 8, 11 (awesome Cockrum cover!), 14 (all in the VG - VG+ range); and Annual 2, 3 (both Fine or so).

$3.00

th_JohnCarter1.jpg th_JohnCarter11.jpg th_JohnCarter14.jpg th_JohnCarter8.jpg th_JohnCarterANN2.jpg th_JohnCarterANN3.jpg

Misc. Marvel Lot: Includes the following --

Captain Marvel 46, 61 (VG/VG+)

Conan 62, 73 (VG/Fine)

Doctor Strange 33 (Fair, fc is rough), 40 (VG)

Invaders 16 (great Kirby cover, underrated title, VG/F)

Iron Fist 9 (Fine-, Byrne!)

Jungle Action 8 (Good+)

Ms. Marvel 2 (cool J. Buscema art, VG+)

$4.00

th_Misc-Cap-Marv46.jpg th_Misc-Cap-Marv61.jpg th_Misc-Conan62.jpg th_Misc-Conan73.jpg th_Misc-Dr-Strange33.jpg th_Misc-Dr-Strange40.jpg th_Misc-Invaders16.jpg th_Misc-Iron-Fist9.jpg th_Misc-JunAct8.jpg th_Misc-MS-Marvel2.jpg

Early '80s Marvel Lot: Includes the following --

Kazar #1, 9 (Brent Anderson!) - both G/VG

Machine Man #15 (Good), 16 (VG), 18 (Fine/Fine+). Ditko!

$2.00

th_80s-Kazar1.jpg th_80s-Kazar9.jpg th_80s-MM15.jpg th_80s-MM16.jpg th_80s-MM18.jpg

Marvel Licensed Lot:

• Godzilla #1 (Fine), 3 (Fine)

• Micronauts #1 (VF-), 28 (VG).

• Shogun Warriors #1 (VG/F), 2 (Fine-), 3 (Fine-)

$4.00

:takeit:

Cool books Glenn! :headbang:

$45

cm31-nm-minus.jpg

If it's still available.

Brian

$45

cm31-nm-minus.jpg

If it's still available.

Brian

All yours, thanks! (thumbs u

All invoices sent, all PMs answered.

I'm going to leave the thread open for another day or two. Many of the lots are still available, but I'm willing to break them up if anyone wants individual books. Just send me a PM with what you're interested in, and we can go from there.

Thanks!

-Mikey