• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where Does High Grade Start

265 posts in this topic

I am saying a book is HG compared to its peers.

I do not believe it as cut in dry as saying HG is 8.0-10.0 is a HG.

Do you think ASM 300 in 8.5 is HG?

I hope to god not.

But a Action Comics #1 in 7.0 is HG.

Compared it to its peers.

doh!

'Grade' is not a comparitive.

If it were, CGC would allocate a 10.0 to the best existing copy of any book, irrespective of what it looked like.

Grade does not move according to population numbers, as it's not a comparitive.

Scarcity does, and value does, as these both are.

Whether you decide a book is high enough grade for your personal collection/tastes is 100% irrelevant.

Exactly. Why is this so hard to grasp?

because your not seeing my point.....

HG is different depending on the decade, that sums it up for me.

Who would see your point as it is assinine? :baiting:

If an Action #1 is a 6.5, it doesn't automatically become high grade. It could be perhaps the highest grade available, but the nicks and the stressess and the creases don't magically dissappear, it's still a mid grade book no matter what the era.

Jim

Shut it Jimbo..... :hi:

From the same token how can people then consider VF HG then?

Very Fine doesn't find into the same sentence as high grade.

Personally HG then if we want to put it into a category should only start with 9.4, most 9.2's are a freaking eye sore to me. :juggle:

Dude...seriously, "9.2's are eyesores and shut it Jimbo" are two of the silliest things I've read here on the boards. You need to stop arguing for the sake of arguing or trying to start controversy. We all see 9.2's that look like 9.6's and 9.6's that look like 9.2'. Hell we've seen 8.0's that look like 9.2's, you know why? Because they are all high grade and are very tough to differentiate from each other because there aren't a lot of defects. You know what I never hear though is? Well this 6.5 looks like a 9.0, or this 9.6 really looks like a 4.5? We have tried to separate the best of the best by dividing the grades by fifths from 9.0's and up. Lastly I bet you there are more X-Men #133's in less than VF condition in the world than there are higher? Wanna bet?

Jim

Jeez Jimbo don't get your panties in an up roar, when I said "shut it Jimbo, I figured when I did this :hi: next to the words you would see i was just messing with ya.

I will PM you tomorrow to talk.

Happy Birthday you old Canuk! :foryou:

:whistle:

HorrorFromTomb-1.jpg

Nice mid-grade precode there! Trimmed, perhaps :whistle:

:grin:

Heated, pressed & trimmed... :cloud9:

at the point of manufacturing. (thumbs u

Oh.... POW !!

Adamstrange, why you gotta smack Pov' like that?!

Man, you just blind-sided him. That's not right.

I would have posted my undercopy but I didn't have it scanned. :sorry:

(Nice book, is that high grade? :devil:)

Rick

In absolute or relative terms? :juggle: