• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 5

121 posts in this topic

Checking the census defeats the purpose. This is supposed to be for fun. I'd rather bomb out on my own than get a higher "assisted" score.

Abso-freakin-lutely! :sumo:

It kinda takes all of the fun out of it if some people cheat. I take an educated guess as to what I think CGC will grade the book and hope for the best. (although I will probably need a fair amount of luck this round). :P

Checking the census defeats the purpose. This is supposed to be for fun. I'd rather bomb out on my own than get a higher "assisted" score.

It kinda takes all of the fun out of it if some people cheat. I take an educated guess as to what I think CGC will grade the book and hope for the best. (although I will probably need a fair amount of luck this round). :P

Or more education :baiting:

hm I didn't check to see how close to the top of the list you are. (or should I say how far up from the bottom)! :baiting:

hm I didn't check to see how close to the top of the list you are. (or should I say how far up from the bottom)! :baiting:

:sorry: You are just mean..

:sorry: Pat! I was just joking! :foryou: The last two years I started out great. As the contest went on, I fell further down the chain. You rose 27 points last round so, we will probably finish about the same.

:sorry: Pat! I was just joking! :foryou: The last two years I started out great. As the contest went on, I fell further down the chain. You rose 27 points last round so, we will probably finish about the same.

Well we will see what happens. I would take this seriously. But these games are just so much fun.

I completely agree. This is the first time that I've participated in one of these grading contests and I think it's a lot of fun. It keeps everyone's interest and participation up. It's kinda like the football pool I run at work. I would normally care less about most of the NFL games but with the pool there's interest in all of the games for about 60-65 people.

I'm also looking at this as a learning experience. I think I'm a better high-grade grader than a low-grade grader but with each comic posted I'm learning more and more about what gets deductions and what doesn't.

Shark

...are we allowed to pm questions?

R.

Maybe the question should be:

If we PM a question should we expect an answer?

hm

...and if we receive an answer...should we believe it???... :news:

Ask a stupid question and you will get a stupid answer ;)

Alright, less then 20 minutes and waiting on:

Beau

CAP Freak

comicdey

ComicDoc

cujobyte

davidpg

dm

Dollarbill

eddly

FatComicMafia

FlyingDonut