• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is spraying your comics restoration? Protection is not restoration.
1 1

52 posts in this topic

This guy is a pretty weak shill/troll and some people are actually arguing with him.

Well, it sounds that way, but Steve Borock said in one of his other threads:

What's that smell???

Oh, it's just a shill in the morning :cloud9:

:gossip: Actually, he really did call CGC. I don't know who he is, but I heard about the "conversation".

I think the OP wasn't talking about reglossing, but deacidification spray. And it didn't seem like a troll to me. (shrug)

Edit: OK, I see that the deacidification spray was a different thread, and that I'd not actually read the OP's post until now.

It did seem trollish. :)

Edited by James Welborn

lol this thread actually reminded me of an argument (discussion) i had with a bunch of co workers over the principals of "Righty Tighty Lefty Loosey."

Basically two of them were adamant that when turning to the right you are actually turning to the left at some point. He was dead serious but even though I saw what he was getting at, he still didnt get the point.

Maybe this guy was the same way. All I would have told him is that anything you do to a Comic to affect its condition is considered restoration. Even though you claim you are protecting a MINT book, CGC wasnt there to witness it so therefore you cant prove it was MINT to begin with.

HMMM maybe we can get witness to watch us spray books and we can create a new type of Restoration SS line?

The fine print on the GCG contract say "ALL YOUR BOKS ARE BELONG TO US." THat mean that the GCG own them boks and can say don't spray there boks with nothing.

That's the best post ever.

I'm just saying.

I'd seriously like to know exactly what he's spraying on the book. Whatever it is, how would one detect it and how would one know it wouldn't harm the book down the road? I knew a guy back in the 70's that would put scotch tape over the staples of every book he bought to protect the staples from rusting. Against sound advice he did this to a Showcase 4, FF 1, AF 15 among others. Wouldn't call it restoration, just stupidity