• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"they are part of a huge scam at a very reputable comic gradeing company"

16 posts in this topic

Anybody else get this email?:

From member: carcasscomix

Dear sir:

I see you have been hit by green_lantern-jla.This person has bid on my stuff with no intent on paying.I'm just checking if you have received any contact from that bidder.We believe that they are part of a huge scam at a very reputable comic gradeing company.Your reply will help in further persuing the matter.We good ebayers need to stick together.Thanks for your time.Marc

PS I have a list of bidders that place bids and have no intent on paying,if you would like a copy just say so.

I take it that he's referring to CGC since there aren't a whole heck of a lot of " reputable comic gradeing companies " out there.

I've already asked him who the "We" & "they" are, but have yet to hear back from him.

Thoughts, comments, gas bubbles?

Rick

And that is all they have to say?

Been thinking about this and I guess I need more time, but I can not think of what a “reputable comic gradeing company” would have to gain by false bids. Can anyone clue me in?

Mephisto,

I can only assume it's to discredit RAW comic sellers & consequently push buyers towards graded books...??

But I sell both, plus I NPB'd that shill's sorry [!@#%^&^] right off of ebay. He nailed me with 3 negs the day after auction ended 893whatthe.gif that ebay can't ??? remove, but I'll live.

So I don't know what the motivation behind this conspiracy could be.

Murph,

You know what I know...Marc is his name, and he's been selling on ebay for years. Search his ID for verification.

All seems pretty weird...in a slanted/off-beat way. confused-smiley-013.gif

Rick

Btw, what the hell.. how can they be part of a huge scam at a grading company when the guy is being a non-paying bidder to this guy? Very odd..

Brian

He was a non-paying bidder to me as well, and all that happened was some limp-wristed insults and empty threats from him (green_lantern-jla), and 3 NPBs up the waa-zoo from me.

By the way, I thought an ebayer needed 3 or more NPBs from "different" sellers in order to be NARU'D? I assume he would have negged other sellers, then received reciprocity in turn, followed by the NPBs. But all 3 of his negs are from me? So, can a bidder be suspended with just 1 NPB? Does it depend on his time on ebay...or his current feedback rating at the time of the NPB?

Rick

Somehow, with my very old account, I managed to get NARU'd back in 99 for buying some raw Star Wars books.. receiving them.. seeing they were overgraded, asking for a refund and sending back.. the seller refunded and then out of the blue, gives me a NPB. I was then suspended from eBay, and haven't wasted my time trying to get that account back since. If I remember it had somewhere in the range of 20-30 fb with no negs. I've seen other eBay'rs allowed to stay without any punishment at all. eBay is so selective in their handing out punishment, they wouldn't want to actually enforce their own rules against the people who list a lot with them!!

Another fun eBay story reminds me of when I was receiving blatant bodily harm threats from someone THROUGH eBay because I commented on here that I thought a dust shadow on his Cap book was unattractive. I forwarded all copies to eBay and they did absolutely nothing, why? Because he had 400 fb and was currently running 20 or so auctions. eBay is a joke.

Brian

Ahh. I was thinking that guy was bidding on already graded book.

Regardless, it still doesn’t add up to me. A organization (co. whatever) like CGC is not going to make money off of books already graded. True, it could force the seller to have to get their book graded first, but it seems it would be more likely for the buyer to send it in for grading.

The prices I am seeing for graded books are insane. I much rather buy a raw comic and take my chances. As it stands now, I will never buy a graded book. The again, I am still a “newbie” and my thoughts might not hold water.

I was receiving blatant bodily harm threats from someone THROUGH eBay ...

Now that's surprising; ebay's excuse to me for sitting on their hands was that this nancy-boy's corresspondence to me was NOT through ebay. Of couse the first one WAS, but the subsequent inappropriate emails were not. Pretty lame, huh?

They must have received complaints from other sellers being pestered by this wanna-be goodfella. Plus, I sent a response re: their refusal to "taking their fingers outta their noses" reply. It ended with something about their mothers being very proud of them. blush.gif I'm shocked that I didn't get NARU'D.

Rick

lol. That's just one of many stories I've heard regarding their "customer service" or lack there of. eBay used to not be this bad, but through success comes a loss of fundamentals (like customer appreciation). They love roughing up the little guy, and giving main sellers free reign to do whatever they want.

I really wish I'd kept those emails from this guy. He said stuff to the effect that he'd come and beat me up because he was so insulted over my disliking of the dust shadow. I was stunned that there's actually a loser out there who got that worked up over it. Even more stunned that eBay did nothing. But since then I've realized that's just how eBay is. Not much you can do at this point, too late to "stop using" their service (which really isn't a major option for a guy in Iowa anyways) smile.gif

Brian

The prices I am seeing for graded books are insane. I much rather buy a raw comic and take my chances. As it stands now, I will never buy a graded book. The again, I am still a “newbie” and my thoughts might not hold water.

With that in mind, I might suggest a eBay seller stckwzrd1@aol.com, he always has plenty of advertised nm books at a fraction of the cgc going price, it may a chance you would not want to pass on. If you are into DC's he has several mint 10.0's on auction as well as many "gem mint" Marvels. Good luck.

devil.gif

With that in mind, I might suggest a eBay seller stckwzrd1@aol.com, he always has plenty of advertised nm books at a fraction of the cgc going price, it may a chance you would not want to pass on. If you are into DC's he has several mint 10.0's on auction as well as many "gem mint" Marvels. Good luck.

devil.gif

Or comic-keys who auctions raw, "unrestored" NM/MT comics. makepoint.gif