• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Sin and Wolverine: Origins in general

4 posts in this topic

So I wrote off Wolverine: Origins pretty early on. It wasn't so much because the writing was bad, it was because everything that was happening was so random. I couldn't figure out why certain things were happening, or why they would happen. Characters acting out-of-characters, odd situations in odd places.

Then Daniel Way pulled it all together, and he did it well. Once the last issue of Original Sin was released, I sat down and re read the series from the beginning including Original Sin for the first time, skimmed through here and there. It's obvious he had what's happening now planned from the beginning as he's tied things together real well.

That's not to say that what happened before still doesn't seem random when read. It's almost as if some other writer wrote 25 issues and then someone good was hired to come in and make sense of it.

Regardless, knowing it all works out in the end makes the early stuff much less strange to read. And I get the feeling the master plan didn't just encompass 30 issues.

The problem is that with all the randomness most people would have dropped the title long before the story that pulls them all together is revealed. It's a hard sell in today's 5 min. ADD world. 'Hey, I know it seems to suck now. But trust me, in 30 months it won't!'.

I've been reading it since the beginning and didn't feel the end was worth the 30 issues. The whole "son" thing is just a lame idea to me (especially it being Wolverine with a mullet).

Not too fond of the Lady Sinister too. What's the deal with turning major characters into the opposite sex lately? Kind of lame. Granted, I'm liking Lady Bullseye. But couldn't they be tweaked enough in name and costume so they don't come off so cheaply?

Pat