• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Big Trend^

19 posts in this topic

Avengers have definitely been increasing of late and I think there's some room for further growth.

Watchmen has skyrocketed over the last year and has peaked and is coming down a bit I think.

Thor....one of the cheaper books out there, even in high grade. Has plenty of room to grow but I have a hard time seeing a successful movie with this character. The outfit, the mythology, the hair, the speech pattern...I just don't think it lends itself to movies without dramatic changes.

Captain America would be my guess...they can still be had fairly cheaply. The down side here is the studio may skimp on the budget due to limited overseas box office potential.

2c Where's my change?

Watchmen has already jumped. I would think that the Avengers would be more popular then Thor. I don't think Thor has the same appeal as the Avengers. To be honest I don't know if either will see huge increases because of the movies.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Phantom Lady movie? Although, these comics are already kind of expensive so I don't know if they'd go up. I do think Baker romance are under-rated. But, I don't want the prices to go up anymore on these until I'm done getting what I need:)

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Phantom Lady movie? Although, these comics are already kind of expensive so I don't know if they'd go up. I do think Baker romance are under-rated. But, I don't want the prices to go up anymore on these until I'm done getting what I need:)

Cheap in the OS.But when do you see them go for guide?

I agree that Jennifer C. would make a terrific Phantom Lady although she'd need to put on a bit of weight.

I think that if the superhero continues to stay popular with the average Joe, they may move into older more obscure GA heros for subject matter. The new relaunches of GA heros in moderns certainly seem to be selling well...it's just a matter of marketing the properly.

Antiquity definitely has strong appeal in a techno generation. Just look at films like Wanted, Watchmen, V For Vendetta and even Batman and Superman. They all have that old fashioned "Golden Age" flavor to them.

There's something very appealing about retro.

I hope that comic book appeal spreads among the masses and continues to generate interest...this in turn will cause Hollywood to reach further and further into the hobby for ideas.

R.

No-one's mentioned Wolverine yet.

The Wolverine movie has been hyped for years now and the character has been pretty much white hot since his intro so there isn't much more to be said about that, really.

(shrug)

Originally Posted By: Ultra Ambient

No-one's mentioned Wolverine yet.

The Wolverine movie has been hyped for years now and the character has been pretty much white hot since his intro so there isn't much more to be said about that, really.[/Quote]

The trailer for the Wolverine movie will be shown for the first time at the showing of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL movie that is coming out soon.

With new Comicbook based movies coming out. What do you think will be skyrocketing up in Value?!?

Avengers?

Watchmen?

THOR???

I'm banking on Thor!!

Confess, Jesse. Confess. You just want to know what books to buy now and flip later. Everyone here knows that so the advicen they give will be way, way off track! :hi: