• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updating Our Website. Thoughts??

38 posts in this topic

We are making changes to our website. Just want to know what you guys think. Thoughts, input, any info would be appreciated. We are trying to make it easier to navigate and all that good stuff.

Here is the link: http://www.hotflips.com/

We have already made some changes. Let us know what you think and what you think we can do to make it better.

Thanks everyone!!

Jeff and Charles.

Looks OK, easy to navigate.

Some recommendations for the checkout process are to add a shipping cost estimator and to use some form of secured system like SSL encryption for entering credit card information during the checkout process. A new customer would (or at least should) be hesitant about ordering without an estimate on shipping and entering private information on an unsecured website.

Thanks everyone,

I think we have have an encrypted checkout. I thought we took care of that. i will double-check tomorrow. The shipping thing will take a long time to figure out. I always thought the shipping calculater overcharged for some reason. ill look into that. Thanks,

Jeff

You've got three warnings down at the bottom of the page.

PHP Related.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out, im on the phone with the web guy right now trying to take care of it. Thanks!!

Jeff

http://www.hotflips.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_14&products_id=116

So ... regular poly comic book bags are now both "acid free" and "archival safe"? :screwy:

Wow, i see you have a lot to do with your life. :applause: Why dont you tell the other manufacturers that their bags aren't either?? I suppose their poly bags are and only mine aren't?? Check the competition and report back to me. Instead of trolling me because you dont like me for some odd reason, go look at every comic supply manufacturer and have them change their packaging.

:news: WE ALL GET OUR PLASTIC FROM THE SAME PLACE IN CHINA!!

Dude, go have a drink and back off me already.

Jeff

Not bad. I had a brutal November with back pain. Thankfully this is my first week without back pain in almost 2 months and I don't even know why.

I've got an MRI next week.

You doing ok?

R.

Not bad. I had a brutal November with back pain. Thankfully this is my first week without back pain in almost 2 months and I don't even know why.

I've got an MRI next week.

You doing ok?

R.

Yeah, my back has been a little stiff the past couple of days, hopefully nothing serious. Good choice with the MRI, better to be safe than sorry.

So ... regular poly comic book bags are now both "acid free" and "archival safe"? :screwy:

Wow, i see you have a lot to do with your life. :applause: Why dont you tell the other manufacturers that their bags aren't either?? I suppose their poly bags are and only mine aren't?? Check the competition and report back to me. Instead of trolling me because you dont like me for some odd reason, go look at every comic supply manufacturer and have them change their packaging.

Jeff

So ... just because the other companies that sell poly bags lie, it's ok for you to do it as well?

:news:

Here's a little newsflash for ya: bags made of polypropylene are NOT acid free, nor are they archival safe. It doesn't matter which brand of poly bags you use - they degrade and release gasses over time, unlike the Mylar products that you also sell (which are actually archival safe).

Jeff

So ... just because the other companies that sell poly bags lie, it's ok for you to do it as well?

:news:

Here's a little newsflash for ya: bags made of polypropylene are NOT acid free, nor are they archival safe. It doesn't matter which brand of poly bags you use - they degrade and release gasses over time, unlike the Mylar products that you also sell (which are actually archival safe).

You know, i really think you enjoy hearing yourself talk. By placing this gremlin :screwy: in your original post, i take it as an insult. Now you are getting personal. So, for someone who has never ordered from me, never met me, dont even know me, and the fact i am in your hometown of Chicago every year and encouraged you to come talk to me, you seem to have a lot of opinions about me. I guess you dont know what its like to get your order shipped on time, or have great customer service. Talk about :screwy:

Why post in this thread about stuff that you have an agenda on. You clearly dont even have any constructive critism for me, but would rather defame me and my company to go buy from another company that sells the same (but most likely less quality) products.

Get a life. I take care of my customers very well. I dont need you as a customer so i have no problem telling you to take a hike SHILL. You are embarrassing yourself again, so please STOP TROLLING ME!!

Oh, by the way. I know someone with a Sandman #1 and #2 in 9.8 but im not gonna pass him on to these message boards as i dont want him to have the headache of dealing with you.